Not open for further replies.

Esc

Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Successfully built my first hack a couple of days ago. I need help with two remaining issues:

1) I can't get sleep to work. I installed with the DSDT for my motherboard - GA-Z68-UD3H-B3 (F3 BIOS). I saw the thread for the Sleep Enabler kexts but I thought that the new DSDTs were already patched for sleep. Does anyone else with a Gigabyte motherboard and recent DSDT have sleep working and if so what did you do to enable it?

2) My system profile shows my computer as a 'MacPro 3.1' my Boot ROM Version reads: MultiBeast.tonymacx86.com. While I appreciate all the fine work and help from the MultiBeast install, I would like to have something more Mac-like here. o_O

Any suggestions welcome.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Intel i2500K, GA-Z68-UD3H-B3, Ripjaw X 8GB, Crucial C300 64GB, Apple wireless keyboard and trackpad

sleep enabler kext is probably your best bet.

In multibeast under custom you can make your computer think its a different kind of mac.

wigglestheholy said:
sleep enabler kext is probably your best bet.

In multibeast under custom you can make your computer think its a different kind of mac.

Thanks for the feedback. I have partial energy saving features. My screensaver works and when I resume my ethernet takes a few seconds to reconnect. It reconnects on it's own, so I think I'm getting S1 even though my bios is set for S3. My fans don't shut down though.

My system profile shows MacPro 3.1 and I think that's correct for an i5 2500k. I just want to clean everything up before I update to Lion.

Sound is working but my 'mic' input is dead. I have a Sans Amp PSI pre amp feeding my guitar into the mic input. This isn't picking anything up right now. I wonder if I need different sound drivers. :?

Esc said:
2) My system profile shows my computer as a 'MacPro 3.1' my Boot ROM Version reads: MultiBeast.tonymacx86.com. While I appreciate all the fine work and help from the MultiBeast install, I would like to have something more Mac-like here. o_O

To change your boot ROM version, you can use a free tool called Lizard (Google darwin86 lizard) and once you have that, go to "smbios" options, and you can change both the "MacPro 3,1" and the "Multibeast.tonymacx86.com" to default.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back