Graphics
GFX 660
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have an all0in-one PC form MSI. Has anyone ever built a hackintosh from an all-in-one, or know of a successful one?

i have one working AIO, which i'm typing on right now, its an ECS G11 chassis with H61H2-TI board, running HD 4000 graphics. sound, LAN, airport, iMessage all working. 10.8.4

one not working, mitac M650, some strange hardware config makes HD4000 not work, seems like a bug in thee apple driver but since none of their hardware is affected i doubt it will get fixed. the problem is present since 10.7.5 and is still present in 10.9 DP1

i am always interested in an AIO with HDMI Input (for games console input), which i will add to my blog: http://rr7blog.wordpress.com

I've seen very few all in one (aio for google crawler) builds.

However, with compatible hardware, they don't seem that hard to configure. I just installed vanilla on a toshiba all in one without a problem. Started patching and got it limping along. It was borrowed, so I couldn't spend more than a couple hours messing with it, but I think it's an excellent candidate. Looking for other alternatives as well.

i agree, there isn't a great deal to it, I just got unlucky with the one I first chose in that it has quirky hardware layout that OS X just doesn't support.

it would be useful to know what model of Toshiba it was, can you remember?

i'm looking at perhaps an MSI wind top A2282(G) as this has a decent hdmi input function with volume control. (something my current build lacks)

ASUS et2220 looks possible, but would need a cpu upgrade for acceptable gfx.

getting my hands on AIOs seems to be a bit of a problem, no-one I know has them, where I live there is only two computer stores, and one of them is PC world, which seem to only sell 2 generations old ones for way too much money and/or low spec, the other is too small to stock a decent range.

I cant see the manufacturers wanting to lend me any, they cant use the positive publicity and if it doesn't work they wont want the negative either. I also cant see anyone wanting to put money into a fund-raiser, and its probably against the rules anyway.

best I can hope for is people perhaps start to take an interest one day!

Yeah I took a picture.

lx835-d3230

You can pick up different models of lx835 on ebay for these prices, most of them new or barely used - (I borrowed mine from work)
i7 - $800
i5 - $600
i3 - $400

The one I had had the hd4000, atheros wifi (looked unsupported and needed to be replaced), reltek lan, no extra video beside the processor chip, 2tb hd, usb 3.0 ports, didn't have a chance to check the audio.

It booted fine with unibeast in safe mode (failed normal boot)

I installed some default packages as a one shot stab to see if it would boot without the usb. Of course, that's kind of silly and it failed, but safe mode without the usb worked fine, so progress for sure.

It's so new, that the hardware stats seem to be very similar to my laptop. We're making it as a 1080p workstation for my gf's photography business, so she can ditch her ****ty c2d macbook and get a osx netbook to run around with.

One WEIRD thing though: The bios doesn't have **** for settings, has a limit on boot devices, and absolutely refuses to detect more than 2 usb boot devices at a time.

The boot devices were HD, OSD (some sort of GRUB bootloader), cd drive, and network.

Even after disabling the lan, there was no option to disable network boot, so it was just an unused slot for an impossible network boot. Dumb.

After taking out the dvd drive, i was able to get it to detect a usb drive to boot off of.

HOWEVER, I couldn't work off two usb drives, (eg a 3.0 dock with osx and a 3.0 flash with unibeast), so I had to open it up (not hard, just time consuming, about like disassembling a laptop and lots of east pull tabs) and put the drive I wanted to install in the computer. Probably not a problem for most people as they don't test as much as I do.

I'll be back up at work sometime this week and am going to try to fool around with it some more.

interesting, it also has HDMI input....

it looks like its discontinued too, which might make for some bargains.

audio looks like sigmatel, so i'm guessing its voodooHDA for that.

things i'd be interested to know, if you would have time and inclination to post results for:

* you say it boots in safe mode, is this with graphics enabler working? is AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext loaded? the HD4000 kext wont load in safe mode, but the framebuffer will, and if the hardware isn't suitable, no display will be detected regardless of the platform id. latest version of chimera or chameleon should be all you need for this.

user manual says it should but:
* if you use the HDMI input, (perhaps you have an xbox 360 or PS3 to try) can you adjust the volume in any way through the internal speakers?
* if you use the HDMI input, (perhaps you have an xbox 360 or PS3 to try) and you plug in some external speakers or headphones, does the sound mute from the AIO come through the headphones?

interesting, it also has HDMI input....

it looks like its discontinued too, which might make for some bargains.

audio looks like sigmatel, so i'm guessing its voodooHDA for that.

things i'd be interested to know, if you would have time and inclination to post results for:

* you say it boots in safe mode, is this with graphics enabler working? is AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext loaded? the HD4000 kext wont load in safe mode, but the framebuffer will, and if the hardware isn't suitable, no display will be detected regardless of the platform id. latest version of chimera or chameleon should be all you need for this.

user manual says it should but:
* if you use the HDMI input, (perhaps you have an xbox 360 or PS3 to try) can you adjust the volume in any way through the internal speakers?
* if you use the HDMI input, (perhaps you have an xbox 360 or PS3 to try) and you plug in some external speakers or headphones, does the sound mute from the AIO come through the headphones?

The processor I tested was actually an i3 because I swapped the i7 intou laptop :) that said I could go back and test swap them again, but it won't be until next weekend.

Lenovo B340 / B540 series also looks like a contender, some models have hdmi/tv input.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back