Contribute
Register

Alienware m14x mid 2013 model unable to update to 10.6.8

Status
Not open for further replies.
well I used kext utility, and the output said that's what it did... does kext utility do this? because I'm almost positive I did this right. UPDATE:Did another permissions repair, still no "Ethernet", only USB. no mac app store.

well I used kext utility, and the output said that's what it did... does kext utility do this? because I'm almost positive I did this right. UPDATE:Did another permissions repair, still no "Ethernet", only USB. no mac app store.

Repair permissions is done in Disk Utility. Kext Wizard can be used to rebuild cache.

Post output of 'lspci -nn' in Linux Terminal.

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply to an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Also, post NullEthernetInjector.kext that you've modified.

The injector is incorrect. You have IOPCIMatch=0x1969e091. Should be IOPCIMatch=0xe0911969.
I changed it, Rebuilt Cache and repaired permissions. no change. mac app store does not work. maybe I have the wrong system definition. I have a haswell processor with MacPro3,1 and I have read macbook air 6,1 and 6,2 work with haswell. Extra/smbios.plist does not load because I can't use chameleon. only Iboot haswell is working.

I changed it, Rebuilt Cache and repaired permissions. no change.

Post all files requested again. Also, boot without caches (-f) before sending ioreg.

that's weird because I know for a fact my processor is x64. I am using Iboot haswell 1.01 with no boot flags. I have tried chameleon and chimera, to no avail. what should i do?

that's weird because I know for a fact my processor is x64. I am using Iboot haswell 1.01 with no boot flags. I have tried chameleon and chimera, to no avail. what should i do?

Check your org.chameleon.Boot.plist. You are definitely booting with arch=i386.

From your bootlog:
Code:
Boot Args: boot-uuid=121BECEF-E113-38D9-A3C8-930BA41DDA08 rd=*uuid arch=i386 -f

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back