1. eMac
  2. iBook
  3. iMac
  4. Performa
  5. Power Mac
  6. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I had to start over with my first Hackintosh build. Couldn't figure out what went wrong, just stopped working. Regardless, I got it back up and running after a fresh install. However, I cannot get the audio working. I'm using MB to reinstall the ALC889 kext, but it won't complete the install. In System/Library/Extension all I see is ALC8XX.kext. Is there a direct link to download the kext I need so I can use kextbeast to install????

delete all hda kexts in S/L/E and try this ,install with kext utility and reboot

Attachments

• AppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 157
veng58 said:
delete all hda kexts in S/L/E and try this ,install with kext utility and reboot

It worked! You're amazing. Thank you so much!!!!

did not work for me :(

if this kext did not work ,you still have some hda kexts in your s/l/e that need to be removed

veng58 said:
if this kext did not work ,you still have some hda kexts in your s/l/e that need to be removed

k. will try again tonight after work. thanks

snoop85 in s/l/e look for anything with hda in the name and alxxx enabler ,they all have to go in the trash and empty the trash ,and then install with kext utility and reboot. If the audio is showing in sys pref check all ports to see what ports are working

veng58 said:
snoop85 in s/l/e look for anything with hda in the name and alxxx enabler ,they all have to go in the trash and empty the trash ,and then install with kext utility and reboot. If the audio is showing in sys pref check all ports to see what ports are working

yup i just did that. When i logged in, i saw the speaker icon in black for split second then back to grey.
Check speaker ports.

Works for me (ga-p67a-ud4-b3, ML 10.8.4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back