Contribute
Register

ALC889 AppleHDA.kext (10.7.x Lion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
oheavens2betsy said:
So all i do is edit dsdt by pasting code over my HDEF lines(all of them) and install the kext you provided. Then my spdif will work in lion.
Yes and if you're lucky it will work on your motherboard too.

Hi All ... I'm trying to fix my Audio problem with no luck till now ... please help

I'm getting the following error when copying AppleHDA.kext to my extensions folder:

"The system extension “/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext” was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the product’s vendor for an update."

Motherboard: Gigabyte X85 UD3R

How to fix this error please?

andreasburmester said:
Works nicely on 10.7.2 with GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3-F9.

One noob story that I learnt when upgrading to 10.7.2; MultiBeast (MB) is very nice for installing kext's but not very good at removing them. After my upgrade I used MB to install ALC8xxxHDA alone as it should work with my custom DSDT but it didn't so after reboot I added ALC8xxxHDA and ACL889HDAEnabler. This didn't work either as now I had two built-in Audio Devices in my System Profiler. So the two kext's was conflicting with each other. I didn't really understand this at this point in time, so I replaced the AppleHDA with one from this thread, rebooted and it obviously didn't work. Finally when I removed all *HDA*.kext's and then installed the AppleHDA from this thread everything came up perfectly.

So lesson learnt is running MB with un-ticked kext's do not remove them. So either install the right ones from the start or remove them manually.

Thanks to the orignal poster for this kext.

U R The Man ... A n00b can be A Pro ... your post just brought Audio to my setup ... Just wanted to say Thanks .. :headbang:

Just wanted to post that this has worked for me!!! I've got my DTS and Dolby Digital working now, YAY! I simply replaced the AppleHDA.kext with this one using Kext Utility, and all is good, no DSDT edit necessary. I am using the DSDT from the database for my specific motherboard (GA-H67MA-UD2H-B3) Version F6. Just using the ALC889 from Multibeast and rollback was giving me sound from all ports, but the Optical connection wasn't giving me Dolby Digital or DTS on my receiver, but this kext fixed all that for me, Thank you very much!!!!

great work ,guys :clap: :clap: :D I loaded this kext and my hdmi audio burst into life :D

if i now compile and save my dsdt in evo and post this up to the forum ,it will give working hdmi audio out of the box for people with this setup ???

brewmattster said:
Just wanted to post that this has worked for me!!! I've got my DTS and Dolby Digital working now, YAY! I simply replaced the AppleHDA.kext with this one using Kext Utility, and all is good, no DSDT edit necessary. I am using the DSDT from the database for my specific motherboard (GA-H67MA-UD2H-B3) Version F6. Just using the ALC889 from Multibeast and rollback was giving me sound from all ports, but the Optical connection wasn't giving me Dolby Digital or DTS on my receiver, but this kext fixed all that for me, Thank you very much!!!!

Cool. Thanks for reporting back.

This kext is working in OS 10.7.3 perfectly! Also, I just upgraded my Motherboard from a Gigabyte H67MA-UD2H-B3 to a Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 and this kext is working just great with this new board as well.

Matt :headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back