Contribute
Register

ALC888/888B/889 step by step install instructions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, in 10.5.x I couldn't install any programs without a password and it wouldn't let me change the password as I didn't type one in in the first place...
Hopefully 10.6.x is a bit more lenient that way...
Good to hear you got the sound working though.

Btw, according to the guide, alc888b codec id should be 0x87, 0x08, 0xEC, 0x10, while tonymac86's DSDT for P55M-UD2 has 0x88, 0x08, 0xEC, 0x10. Which one is right?

PS: audio works with any of those, if using the legacyhda kext that is in Multibeast. Doesn't work with any of those kexts from insanelymac forums.

Daioptych said:
Btw, according to the guide, alc888b codec id should be 0x87, 0x08, 0xEC, 0x10, while tonymac86's DSDT for P55M-UD2 has 0x88, 0x08, 0xEC, 0x10. Which one is right?

PS: audio works with any of those, if using the legacyhda kext that is in Multibeast. Doesn't work with any of those kexts from insanelymac forums.

I don't know which is 'right' but the LegacyHDA_888B.kext in MultiBeast is the only one that works for me as well.

I'm talking about the value of HDEF codec-id in DSDT.

I know- :p I've used both codec ids with luck using that kext, but no other kext I've used works.

Daioptych said:

Well, it works for me just fine, but then again I've got an ALC889A, although I did install the ALC889 on a friends machine and it too worked just fine. So I dunno...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back