ALC1150 working on Sierra but with background noise

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
INTEL CPU CORE I7-6700K 4.0GHZ 8MB LGA1151
Graphics
GIGABYTE NVIDIA 4GB GDDR5
Hi guys,

My audio is working fine (almost) but it has this really annoying sound in the background that I can't remove. I think it's called the "gain sound" and sometimes (rarely) it even pops. I'm always listening to music, it's impossible to ignore it.

My motherboard is a Gigabyte Z170X Designare and the Audio Codec for it is the ALC1150.
The audio output is set correctly (Line-out (Green)) but it happens the same if I choose "Headphones".
It took me so much time for me to get the sound working that I don't know anymore how I did it... I guess it wasn't with the VoodooHda, it may have been through the Multibeast driver install.

Can someone help me with this? What more info do you guys need?
Thank you, again! Best regards.

Btw, my hackintosh is working amazingly, since february! Thank you so much for everyone of you guys who helps at tonymacx86. I'm really proud of it! Again, best regards.

I've had the same ALC1150 problem on my ASUS Z170-Deluxe.

I too had tried multiple methods and am not sure what finally got it to work. Attached is a list of my kexts. In clover, my audio inject is set to 2. I don't believe I have VoodooHda installed. The noise starts on startup and not after waking, like other posts had mentioned and goes off when muted. I had audio working great in El Capitan, but did a fresh install to sierra for the graphics card. :/

Hopefully this is helpful! Thank you for all your help and support!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-06-30 at 1.44.13 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-30 at 1.44.13 PM.png
    142.7 KB · Views: 625
I've removed the AppleHDA.kext from S/L/E and reinstalled the native. Also, edited the screenshot above to reflect the change.

I've removed the AppleHDA.kext from S/L/E and reinstalled the native. Also, edited the screenshot above to reflect the change.
Hey, is your sound returning after sleep?

Hey, is your sound returning after sleep?
I was able to get mine to return after sleep. I ended up doing a fresh install as I tried so many things and just wanted to start clean.

I followed the two guides below. The first guide references the second. What I did to get it to work was install Rehabman's Codec Commander kext on the first setup with everything in multibeast and everything seems to work. Then after the restart, you need to run multibeast a second time. As it mentions in the second guide, you need to do it a second time for some reason. Unsure why but I have no background noise now and audio after sleep.

Hope this helps!

Initial Guide: (I followed all his tips except for audio drivers. For that I used the second guide)
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/asus-z170-ar-i7-6700k-skylake-gtx1080ti-build.226623/

Second Guide: (In multibeast, I used Realtek ALC1150 and 100/200 Series Audio)
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...og-maximus-viii-hero-i7-6700k-gtx-980.197284/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back