Contribute
Register

ALC 892 (2out, 1 in) for 10.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am waiting for this "coming soon" update to work with alc 892 codec. I am running a 10.6.5 on my GA-P55A-UD3 rev2 board. Right now I have done nothing at all to even "try" to get audio. Is it normal that the PLAY button on both iTunes songs and Quicktime movies just hangs up? It doesn't freeze the computer, but in QT, it just immediately pauses, and in iTunes, it acts like it's playing but the bar doesn't move at all. Movies in iTunes progress, but (obviously) no sound.

sansei said:
I am waiting for this "coming soon" update to work with alc 892 codec. I am running a 10.6.5 on my GA-P55A-UD3 rev2 board. Right now I have done nothing at all to even "try" to get audio. Is it normal that the PLAY button on both iTunes songs and Quicktime movies just hangs up? It doesn't freeze the computer, but in QT, it just immediately pauses, and in iTunes, it acts like it's playing but the bar doesn't move at all. Movies in iTunes progress, but (obviously) no sound.

Yes, it's normal. I had a windows computer with a sound card problem, and iTunes would do exactly that when it detected that there was no output working.

Attachments

• ASMedia USB 3.0 Driver Installer.pkg.zip
    237.2 KB · Views: 78
Hi,

After tried all solution for ALC892, I have ever same result: 4 "Digital Out" in my sound output ,I can edit sound volume in OSX but no sound, after install .2.72voodooHDA.pkg ( the kext give me no result) the 4 "Digital Out" become "Digital HDMI out" ( nvidia GT220) I can't edit sound in OSX, but the voodooHDA panel give me no error, and the sound give "bzzzzzz" . Finally I have never see my sound card in sound output panel.
How can i fix the conflict with my GT220? or something else
and I wait the tonymac fix ^^

sorry for my bad english

Thx

Thank you :clap:

Sound works nice. Great work :D

And a noob like made it ^^ :D

Very Big THX :D :headbang:

Forget: Motherboard is an GA-P55A-UD3 Rev. 2 with F11 Bios

Attachments

• ACPISensors.zip
    19.1 KB · Views: 82
Update:

I got my sound working :) Removed the AppleHDA.kext from S/L/E and then installed VoodooHDA 2.0.56 (something like that, I just know it had 56 in there somewhere). Green port in the rear is working great. Have not tested the microphone port or front port yet though.

Success in enabling sound with the following board: GA-P55-UD3L v2.3, Bios FH.
Downloaded the correct DSDT from the database, replaced the HDEF section by the one in the first post of this thread, downloaded the enabling Legacy kext from this thread.

caveat: sometimes the sound device disappears after a reboot. Shut down and boot again appear to restore the sound back. Strange behaviour.

Thanks for the good work in this thread anyway, because till I found it, it was more of a :banghead: to have sound working.

My recent build was with the ga-p55a-ud3 and I built it so I could game and use logic pro without having to shell over all my money for an overpriced imac. What I did not know was how much trouble the 892 codec was going to give me! So no success with sound even with the voodoo kext. I am looking forward to this fix. It is all I want for Christmas :wave:

You know I may just use this instead of waiting for the official solution.
Because all I need is stereo.

Could anyone provide me with a link to how I can edit my DSDT file?
It is already a custom one I downloaded if that makes a difference.

Thanks in advanced! :D

EDIT: I am using a GA-P55A-UD3 rev 2.0 F11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back