Contribute
Register

After installing MSRDumper got a Kernel Panic (on IMac)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Maximus GENE V z77
CPU
Intel Core i3 3570k
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 770
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Windows Phone
/SOLVED/ After installing MSRDumper got a Kernel Panic (on IMac)

Hey Guys!
I need YOUR help. I was today by my sister and wanted to try MSRDumper on her Imac (i think 2011, or late 2010, BUT Sandybridge CPU).

After I installed the KEXT with Kextbeast and rebooted, i got a KERNEL PANIC :( after it I was in panic :)

I tried to reinstall the OS with the Install-DVD (she has Snow Leopard - DVD)... Not a fresh install. I installed it just over the old OS.

But after the installation was done and i rebooted the Imac , i got Kernel Panic too. Booting with "v" : it says something about MSRDumper...

How can i fix it?

P.S. Sorry for my english, i am from Germany:)... if wrong Forum- sorry again!

Boot in single user mode ( press cmd + s and hold on boot ).

Type following

sudo kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/MSRDumper.kext

sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/MSRDumper.kext

You would want to update kernel cache. Use kextcache... And reboot

Hey Guys!
I need YOUR help. I was today by my sister and wanted to try MSRDumper on her Imac (i think 2011, or late 2010, BUT Sandybridge CPU).

After I installed the KEXT with Kextbeast and rebooted, i got a KERNEL PANIC :( after it I was in panic :)

I tried to reinstall the OS with the Install-DVD (she has Snow Leopard - DVD)... Not a fresh install. I installed it just over the old OS.

But after the installation was done and i rebooted the Imac , i got Kernel Panic too. Booting with "v" : it says something about MSRDumper...

How can i fix it?

P.S. Sorry for my english, i am from Germany:)... if wrong Forum- sorry again!

You should not install it to S/L/E. just put it on the desktop or the root or something and use kextload to load/unload it.

thx guys! i'll try it today. hope, i will work:)

edit: single user-mode didn't work:( i just copied everything by terminal to external hdd and did clean reinstall of OS:)

CLOSED !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back