Register

After install, freezing immediately at gray Apple logo screen before spinner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try

1 - repair permissions with Disk Utility
2 - reboot from hard drive holding down space bar to get boot command line
3 - enter GraphicsEnabler=No

Yes I am able to enter OS X from IBoot but if I remove and try to run normal I get stuck

I have used Update 10.6.8 and then MultiBeast 3.10.1
After that that's it

I also followed the instructions on the forum for my Board Z77X to set up BIOS.
I am using Snow Leopard 10.6.3

Same thing my friend.
I have noticed that the grey logo is a little distorted (wider ) than the one that boots with iBoot. Should that mean that is a graphic card issue?

I have the same problem over and over again.

I am new to Hackintosh comunity. I just purchased my parts and installed the sytem 6 times by the instructions and every time the grey apple logo and that's it

Please help.

I have Gigabyte Z77x-UP5 TH. Intel i7 3770, GeForce GT 640, OCZ Agility SSD, Mushkin 2gb dimm for install purpose. (the real memeory I have is Corsair Vegence 4x16gb

Thank you

razvanduta

This should have opened a New Post for your issues and not a continuation of what Cosmic was having - you issues are related to your GFX card and your hardware CPU and Motherboard.

What you need to do is to get your system up on OSX SL w/o the GFX card in the system so you should remove the 640 nvidia card- their is no support for this card until 10.8 Mountain Lion,

You will also need to made the Boot CD from the "iBoot for Ivy Bridge" Cd available from downloads if you are not using this one.

As you have a Z77 chipset and a Ivy Bridge CPU - you will need to boot from this CD each time - you will not be able to boot from the Hard Disk until you get to 10.8 ML:

iBoot for Ivy Bridge - should all you need - the desigh of this cd is to get you to install osx SL and then the combo update 10.6.8 so you can login to the Apple App store. Without needing to run Multibeast.

You will need to use command line switches - "PCIRootUID=0 -v -f GraphicsEnabler=No"
is reccomended.

Take pics when you get stuck and open a new thread please - also place you hardware specs in your user Signature Block that way you will post your config info when you post a message.

Use the onboard GFX of your CPU which has HD4000 - use a DVI-D cable to your monitor (DVI or HDMA) as getting a VGA monitor (analog) to work w OSX is a thing of the past - Apple has gone Digital

As to the amount of ram you have - iBoot has a maxmen statement in it so that it will only use 4096 MB of ram so you can put in your corsiar ram and not have issues with the added ram.

Boot from hard drive with -v -f GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRoot=0

Boot from iBoot CD. Launch the Console app in Applications/Utilities. Copy and paste your kernel log to pastie.org and post link here.

Hi. I wanted to see the kernel.log You would have to select it in the left pane of Console.

But, I just read totenkopf4 say the card requires Mountain Lion, so follow his instructions.

<script src='http://pastie.org/5497346.js'>
</script>

View attachment 40431

maybe the attachement will help if the link does not work

thank you "cosmicvoyager" I am reinstalling and starting fresh as per "totenkopf4" suggestion.
I will probably start a new thread as he suggested if I run into more problems.

@totenkopf When Should I use "PCIRootUID=0 -v -f GraphicsEnabler=No" . After I install the update, after I install the first OS X 10.6.3?
As I told you, I am a little new to this.

Also if I get to the moment after download the OS X ML, do I just follow the instructions on how to install a fresh new ML on a intel based computer?

Thank you.

thank you "cosmicvoyager" I am reinstalling and starting fresh as per "totenkopf4" suggestion.
I will probably start a new thread as he suggested if I run into more problems.

@totenkopf When Should I use "PCIRootUID=0 -v -f GraphicsEnabler=No" . After I install the update, after I install the first OS X 10.6.3?
As I told you, I am a little new to this.

Also if I get to the moment after download the OS X ML, do I just follow the instructions on how to install a fresh new ML on a intel based computer?

Thank you.

raz....

As to the question of When ... My suggestion is that when you first boot from iBoot you should use the long startup commands.

so I suggest you use "-v -f acpi=off PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No"

After your first boot and install of the base Snow Leo software - you can change it to "-v -f PCIRootUID=0"

Once you have the- update helper and then combo update for osc 10.6.8 installed - then multibeast you can use "-v -f "

After all of it's working and all updates are done - you can do stuff at the APP store sound etc working.\

And rebooted again then you can stop w the -v -f and not use any switches.

raz....

As to the question of When ... My suggestion is that when you first boot from iBoot you should use the long startup commands.

so I suggest you use "-v -f acpi=off PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No"

After your first boot and install of the base Snow Leo software - you can change it to "-v -f PCIRootUID=0"

Once you have the- update helper and then combo update for osc 10.6.8 installed - then multibeast you can use "-v -f "

After all of it's working and all updates are done - you can do stuff at the APP store sound etc working.\

And rebooted again then you can stop w the -v -f and not use any switches.

Thank you for suggestions.
I finally manage to install it and is working (yeiiiii )

1. install the update in the mother board F11 from F4
2. Do the config setting like in this the post showinf BIOS setting for Z77X-UP5TH
3. create and use iBoot Ivy Bridge and follow the instructions on how to install Snow Leopard and update
4. Download the ML once in SL update 10.6.8 and make a USB boot with Iboot+Mountain Lion
5. Install Mountain lion using PCIRootUID=0 -v -f GraphicsEnabler=No comands almost all the time
6. Run MultiBeast 5.2 after install using View attachment Multibeast .tiff For the sound to work it needs to be changed to the same driver number but without DHDT support not like in the image
7. Will see what is coming next but for now is running and I am able to boot in Windows ( separate HDD . When using dual boot use System reserve rather than Windows Icon) and OS X ( separate HDD )

thanks totenkopf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back