2. Classic
  3. iBook
  4. iMac
  5. Performa
  6. Power Mac
  7. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My hackintosh is freezing as soon as the gray Apple logo screen appears before the spinner appears. This is after installing Snow Leopard and using Multibeast. I am booting from the drive not iBoot.

motherboard: Gigabyte P61-USB3-B3
BIOS 8
I am using the DTSD

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600K

RAM: 16GB

video card: MSI N8400GS 256

I tried

-v -f -x PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x2000

My hackintosh is freezing as soon as the gray Apple logo screen appears before the spinner appears. This is after installing Snow Leopard and using Multibeast. I am booting from the drive not iBoot.

motherboard: Gigabyte P61-USB3-B3
BIOS 8
I am using the DTSD

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600K

RAM: 16GB

video card: MSI N8400GS 256

Did you install the program Update Helper to the boot volume before the Combo Update install and then MultiBeast.

How to do a sandybridge cpu w compatable hardware OSX hack 10.6.8 build. jester969

Typical installation steps are:
1) iBoot + Disk Utility + install Snow Leopard DVD (perform install via DVD) reboot
2) iBoot + Installed OSX HDD (boot with iBoot and loading OS via newly installed HDD) - get welcome screen
3) Run Update Helper and Reboot?
4) iBoot + Installed OSX HDD, run combo update 10.6.8 , DO NOT reboot
5) Run Multibeast and select option which are required to your board.
6) Reboot w/out iBoot

Okay. I have been at this soooo long.

First, thank you for trying to help so much.

Yes, I am telling you I have followed the instructions like that dozens of times. I do everything perfectly then get the blue flashing screen or grey screen when I try to boot from the hard drive. Then while screwing with things trying to fix it, other stuff gets messed up.

I think the heart of the problem is the graphics card. I think the id for the card needs to be specifcally entered in a kext.

Search the dorums for "blue screen 8400gs" and for "kext id 8400gs". Many people are having similar problems.

I see mention of things like kext, device id, nvidia injector. Can you please gve me instructions on how to get my specific card in the necessary kext file?

Thanks

Did you install the program Update Helper to the boot volume before the Combo Update install and then MultiBeast.

How to do a sandybridge cpu w compatable hardware OSX hack 10.6.8 build. jester969

Typical installation steps are:
1) iBoot + Disk Utility + install Snow Leopard DVD (perform install via DVD) reboot
2) iBoot + Installed OSX HDD (boot with iBoot and loading OS via newly installed HDD) - get welcome screen
3) Run Update Helper and Reboot?
4) iBoot + Installed OSX HDD, run combo update 10.6.8 , DO NOT reboot
5) Run Multibeast and select option which are required to your board.
6) Reboot w/out iBoot

Okay. I have been at this soooo long.

First, thank you for trying to help so much.

Yes, I am telling you I have followed the instructions like that dozens of times. I do everything perfectly then get the blue flashing screen or grey screen when I try to boot from the hard drive. Then while screwing with things trying to fix it, other stuff gets messed up.

I think the heart of the problem is the graphics card. I think the id for the card needs to be specifcally entered in a kext.

Search the dorums for "blue screen 8400gs" and for "kext id 8400gs". Many people are having similar problems.

I see mention of things like kext, device id, nvidia injector. Can you please gve me instructions on how to get my specific card in the necessary kext file?

Thanks

cosmic
if you can get hold of another Nvida card either another 8400GS or the newer 9XXX series ( I have a 9400 9500 9600gso and a 9800 that work. Almost OOB. Except I have added the Nvidia driver 2.0 file from the downloads section, then you may have a chance
As it always seems to be related to the video and changing it is worth a try ....

I have the same problem over and over again.

I am new to Hackintosh comunity. I just purchased my parts and installed the sytem 6 times by the instructions and every time the grey apple logo and that's it

Please help.

I have Gigabyte Z77x-UP5 TH. Intel i7 3770, GeForce GT 640, OCZ Agility SSD, Mushkin 2gb dimm for install purpose. (the real memeory I have is Corsair Vegence 4x16gb

Thank you

What version of OS X?

Are you able to run OS X if you boot from the iBoot CD?

I have the same problem over and over again.

I am new to Hackintosh comunity. I just purchased my parts and installed the sytem 6 times by the instructions and every time the grey apple logo and that's it

Please help.

I have Gigabyte Z77x-UP5 TH. Intel i7 3770, GeForce GT 640, OCZ Agility SSD, Mushkin 2gb dimm for install purpose. (the real memeory I have is Corsair Vegence 4x16gb

Thank you

Yes I am able to enter OS X from IBoot but if I remove and try to run normal I get stuck

I have used Update 10.6.8 and then MultiBeast 3.10.1
After that that's it

I also followed the instructions on the forum for my Board Z77X to set up BIOS.
I am using Snow Leopard 10.6.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back