Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, this Display's show this Menü:
  • Sharp PN-K321
  • ASUS PQ321Q
  • Dell UP2414Q
  • Dell UP3214Q
  • Panasonic TC-L65WT600
is there no chance to simple add a file that the System think the internal Display is one of this 5? Not so simple ha?:cry:

Like I said... there is no simple way to make your display that is 1080p (correct?) higher resolution than it actually is.

yes 1080p i try also to get scaled 5120x2880 not possible maximum is 3840x2160 is there a lock? I read from many people they run 1920x1080hdpi on an ordinary mbp13 screen then it must also possible that i can run 2560x1440hdpi on a 1080p display....?

yes 1080p i try also to get scaled 5120x2880 not possible maximum is 3840x2160 is there a lock? I read from many people they run 1920x1080hdpi on an ordinary mbp13 screen then it must also possible that i can run 2560x1440hdpi on a 1080p display....?

You can run HiDPI on a real Mac (without retina) using the same procedures as described in post #1. This technique is not hack specific. But you still won't see the "retina style" SysPrefs->Displays.

I sell my old 4540s to a Friend he have a ASUS PQ321Q when he connect it Retina Menü come up, disconnect it won't i have a noname 4k Display Menü won't open only for handfull Display's this Menü come up this is why i think it's possible to activate use Product and Vendor ID from one of the selected Display's where the Menü the Menü is unlocked....

I sell my old 4540s to a Friend he have a ASUS PQ321Q when he connect it Retina Menü come up, disconnect it won't i have a noname 4k Display Menü won't open only for handfull Display's this Menü come up this is why i think it's possible to activate use Product and Vendor ID from one of the selected Display's where the Menü the Menü is unlocked....

It should be expected to have retina SysPrefs with UHD monitor.

i followed everything stated here, but do not see the resolutions under Display prefs. They do appear in SwitchresX but the status is "Invalid?".
What is this RDM that you use to display resolutions? I cannot find it anywhere!

i followed everything stated here, but do not see the resolutions under Display prefs. They do appear in SwitchresX but the status is "Invalid?".
What is this RDM that you use to display resolutions? I cannot find it anywhere!

My tests were with Intel HD graphics. The technique may not apply to old Nvidia hardware such as in your profile.

RDM == "Retina Display Menu"

Hi Rehabman,

Any idea why only one of the HiDPI resolutions are showing? (see attached)

Attachments

• DisplayProductID-406.plist
    691 bytes · Views: 358
Hi Rehabman,

Any idea why only one of the HiDPI resolutions are showing? (see attached)

I didn't look at your file. But try holding Option down while clicking on "Scaled...". The filtering of resolutions that are "close" is covered in post #1.

I didn't look at your file. But try holding Option down while clicking on "Scaled...". The filtering of resolutions that are "close" is covered in post #1.

I managed to see more by holding down the Option key whilst clicking on "Scaled", but none but one are at HiDPI resolution. Perhaps this is because the U430 is limited at 1600x900.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back