ATI Radeon 6870
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello All,

I managed to boot install the OS X install by using my new copy of 10.6.3 after 10.6 was giving me issues, I installed successfully and oddly enough instead of getting the error at the end I got a success message. I than continued to restart and boot into my HDD using iBoot, After about 45 seconds into the Apple Logo Screen I get the opaque blackness with the Please Restart your computer message, I also get this is safe boot mode after the status bar gets to about 75% than disappears spinning circle for about 45 seconds than the opaque window. I booted into Verbose mode and it seems to time out with this line.

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out

any help would be appreciated, my system is as follows

Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R Rev 2 FF
i7-950 3.06 quadcore
NVidia Geforce GTS 450
4gb of Patriot Sector 5 Ram

I am not sure what you are referring to, I simply said I borrowed a friends copy of Snow Leopard, i thought that implied it was a purchased copy considering i cant talk about the other stuff.

penskyc said:
Hello All,

I managed to boot install the OS X install by using my new copy of 10.6.3 after 10.6 was giving me issues, I installed successfully and oddly enough instead of getting the error at the end I got a success message. I than continued to restart and boot into my HDD using iBoot, After about 45 seconds into the Apple Logo Screen I get the opaque blackness with the Please Restart your computer message, I also get this is safe boot mode after the status bar gets to about 75% than disappears spinning circle for about 45 seconds than the opaque window. I booted into Verbose mode and it seems to time out with this line.

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out

any help would be appreciated, my system is as follows

Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R Rev 2 FF
i7-950 3.06 quadcore
NVidia Geforce GTS 450
4gb of Patriot Sector 5 Ram

same problem as mine. have you fixed it? if so, how?

thanks!

I also have the same issue. After updating my SL to 10.6.8 and running Multibeast, I see the same error from the Verbose mode. I also tried with -x. Still hangs after this message:

Anybody was able to solve this error?

pmanasranjan said:
I also have the same issue. After updating my SL to 10.6.8 and running Multibeast, I see the same error from the Verbose mode. I also tried with -x. Still hangs after this message:

Anybody was able to solve this error?

I also tried installing Nullcpupowermanagement from Multibeast, still it's getting stuck after this message. There must be some solution for this.
Would really appreciate, if anyone could help me to resolve this.

I removed fakesmc.kext just to see what happens and i got this error. So i think it is related to this. Hope it helps.

I am also confused why I am getting this timeout on boot...

I was getting the same problem resulting in horrendous boot time :(

It almost got reduced to none by disabling the onboard graphics of my motherboard
on snow Leopard !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back