Contribute
Register

Acer v3-772G Mavericks 10.9.1 Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I know that this is for Mavericks, but the setup is pretty much the same and a did't want to open a new thread only because of this problem.

My ig-platform-ld is 0x0a26000a

Yes I implemented backlight control (picture attached)

Are you certain your laptop enters sleep successfully?

Note: 0xa26000a commonly has an issue with wake from sleep. There is a patch for it in my example config.plist files which has been shown to work on several systems. See here: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config

Are you certain your laptop enters sleep successfully?

Is there a way to check that? The screen turns off, the fan stops spinning and the power led is flashing (like in Windows)

Note: 0xa26000a commonly has an issue with wake from sleep. There is a patch for it in my example config.plist files which has been shown to work on several systems. See here: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config

I already have these patches in my config plist (attached)

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.5 KB · Views: 221
Is there a way to check that? The screen turns off, the fan stops spinning and the power led is flashing (like in Windows)

That is successful sleep.

I already have these patches in my config plist (attached)

All of those patches are disabled.

That is successful sleep.

All of those patches are disabled.

I activated the patches but without success. But I changed ig-platform-ld from 0x0a26000a to 0x0a260006 and it works, but I have no hdmi audio. What could be the problem for that issue?

New config.plist is attached

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.6 KB · Views: 235
I activated the patches but without success. But I changed ig-platform-ld from 0x0a26000a to 0x0a260006 and it works, but I have no hdmi audio. What could be the problem for that issue?

New config.plist is attached

The patches are not designed to all be activated at once. Activate only the patches you need.

I will eventually write an HDMI-audio guide for laptops that takes some of the mystery out of it.

Thanks for the guide! I have everything working except for one problem. While using GarageBand or Logic, the audio abruptly degrades after a few minutes (I'll record the sound if I can). It is related to CoreAudio because selecting a different audio device causes GarageBand/Logic to reload it and the problem usually goes away. Has anyone else experienced this and found a permanent solution?
Thanks!

Hi!

I extracted my ACPI tables on linux and disassembled with Aisl but in ssdt-1.dsl I get the PARSEOP_PACKAGE error.
How can I fix it?

Thanks! :)

Attachments

• DSDT-SSDT-aml_dsl.zip
    140.3 KB · Views: 96
Hi!

I extracted my ACPI tables on linux and disassembled with Aisl but in ssdt-1.dsl I get the PARSEOP_PACKAGE error.
How can I fix it?

Thanks! :)

Generally, you'd be dropping that SSDT (unless you plan to keep it and patch it as appropriate)...

But to fix it, you can use this patch:
Code:
# for one of the CPU SSDTs...

# remove bogus:
#
# Package (0x06)
# {
#   0x80000000,
#   0x80000000,
#   0x80000000,
#   0x80000000,
#   0x80000000,
#   0x80000000
# }

into_all all code_regex Package\s+\(0x06\)\n.*\{\n(.*0x80000000.*\n){6}.*\} removeall_matched;

Thank you, it works well! :thumbup:

I patched my DSDT.dsl, and SSDTs without errors.
But, I saved my DSDT.dsl as DSDT.aml (I selected in MaciASL the file format: ACPI Machine Language Binary), then I opened the DSDT.aml and I got a lot of errors. Is it normal? :crazy:

Thank you, it works well! :thumbup:

I patched my DSDT.dsl, and SSDTs without errors.
But, I saved my DSDT.dsl as DSDT.aml (I selected in MaciASL the file format: ACPI Machine Language Binary), then I opened the DSDT.aml and I got a lot of errors. Is it normal? :crazy:

It is normal. As you should know from reading the guide, you cannot disassemble an AML standalone without creating errors in the result (must always disassemble with iasl -da -dl DSDT*.aml SSDT*.aml).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back