Contribute
Register

Acer Aspire S3/S5 Ultrabook Master Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, Rehabman, the required _PRW patch is: with MaciASL, to apply the patch in your laptop repo that is called "[misc] Remove _PRW from LID"? I've done that and it doesn't work.

I was referring to _PRW patches for USB...

It depends on which GPE index your native DSDT uses.

Thank you again!

That's done!
I extracted with F4 all the .aml and repatched everything again, and now it's working :)
So I suppose I don't finally need the _PBR patch :)
Now computer can sleep :)

Thank you again!

That's done!
I extracted with F4 all the .aml and repatched everything again, and now it's working :)
So I suppose I don't finally need the _PBR patch :)
Now computer can sleep :)

I don't know what you mean by "_PBR" patch...

You probably have "instant wake" because you didn't apply the required _PRW patch to avoid it.
Your other questions are answered in the FAQ.
S3-391 with Sierra 10.12.4 not sleeping

Hello,
I have followed the guides, extracted dsdt.aml with Clover F4 function, followed all the patches and steps described in the post #1, including the SSDTPrGen script, of this thread: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-el-capitan-on-acer-s3-391-ivy-bridge-with-clover.180514/, but my computer cannot sleep.

Some suggestions, please? I suppose there's something wrong, related to config.plist and/or related to DSDT patching (this has been the first time I do it).

I'm attaching in a ZIP file config.plist I'm using, with AIDA64 report, DSDT and patched-DSDT .aml and .dsl, SSDT.aml created by SSDTPrGen, IOREG...

Other issues:
Issue 2: I cannot adjust brightness. Related to the HD4000, I suppose?
Issue 3: The trackpad is ELAN, so with VoodooPS2 I have a great keyboard, but a one-finger trackpad. The latest version of ELAN kext doesn't work to me, it seems trackpad is totally undetected.

Thanks for helping,
Brigthness gotten.
Followed this Rehabman's great tutorial: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...rol-using-applebacklightinjector-kext.218222/

SUCCESS: WIFI WORKING "OOB" ON SIERRA 10.12.4

In this thread yo can find invaluable information: it's a new method to get wifi working and recognised as it was a real Airport card.
In my S3-391 I have an Atheros AR5BMD222 (Atheros AR9462, vendor 168C, device 0034) and it works.

What you have to do (NB96 instructions):
Download the v5, copy AirPortAtheros40.kext under Contents\Plugins of IO80211Family.kext (in the S/L/E folder). Apply the KextToPatch of chunnann in your config.plist of clover. Rebuild the cache with this three commands: sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/ then sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/ and finally sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/ . Reboot and you will find that your wifi works.

Instead of the terminal commands I have rebuit cache with Kext Utility v2.6.6 and you get the same.

Credits: Chunnann and NB96.
Note: This is supposed to work with all the Atheros AR946X mini PCIe cards.

SOME ISSUES WITH SLEEP, SIERRA 10.12.4

Hello,
Thanks to a misunderstanding, I discovered patching "[misc] Remove _PRW from LID" on DSDT.aml I could sleep the computer pressing Fn+F4 keys and power button to wake it up again.

But Rehabman told me The trouble was "instant wake" and the correct way to solve the issue was patching _PRW 0x0D, or _PRW 0x6D, so I tried it yesterday using the patches [USB3] _PRW 0x0D (instant wake) and [USB3] _PRW 0x0D (instant wake), but I couldn't, because I got 7 compilation errors with the two methods (I tried one, reopened again DSDT, and tried then the other one).

As a detail, my S-391 doesn't have USB3 ports, I think.

So, do I have to modify the patches to be able to compile? How? Are there any non-USB3 "instant wake" patches? What can I do?
Thank you,

Hello,
Thanks to a misunderstanding, I discovered patching "[misc] Remove _PRW from LID" on DSDT.aml I could sleep the computer pressing Fn+F4 keys and power button to wake it up again.

But Rehabman told me The trouble was "instant wake" and the correct way to solve the issue was patching _PRW 0x0D, or _PRW 0x6D, so I tried it yesterday using the patches [USB3] _PRW 0x0D (instant wake) and [USB3] _PRW 0x0D (instant wake), but I couldn't, because I got 7 compilation errors with the two methods (I tried one, reopened again DSDT, and tried then the other one).

So, do I have to modify the patches to be able to compile? How? Are there any non-USB3 "instant wake" patches? What can I do?
Thank you,

If LID _PRW was the problem, then that's the only patch you need. You can ignore _PRW on USB...

Hello,

Thank you,
I've tried the [USB3] _PRW 0x0D (instant wake) because this is what I've seen in MaciASL (code 0x0D), and if it's the first patch I apply it gets compiled, but the machine doesn't sleep...

Ok, I'll try with the LID patch again, thank you, Rehabman!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back