Contribute
Register

Acer aspire 5750G with Mountain Lion (Unibeast)

Status
Not open for further replies.
any luck with the new versions of this model?

Acer Aspire 5750G
&
OS X Mountain Lion

View attachment 32243

Hi guys and gals!

This is a complete guide to get your adventurous AA 5750G up and running with it's new Apple made clothes.
***USE THIS COMPLETELY AT YOUR OWN RISK, IF YOU BLOW UP YOUR WHOLE TOWN NEITHER ME NOR ANYONE ELSE BUT YOU IS RESPONSIBLE***.
*Later in this post I'll mention my notebook's hardware specs, if yours uses any different hardware (like Elan touchpad or Broadcom WiFi), that specific kext won't work, you gotta find it yourself.*
.... .

Sahand_N you are great!
I installed on my 5750G (i5-2410M) ML 10.8 and 10.8.2 combo installer and everything works fine (wifi,ethernet,usb,hdmi,sound,trackpad,...),
except missing the icon to change the output between HDMI and video of the laptop. I have to restart every time.
With Lion, icon looks and works without restarting ... any suggestion?
Thanks for the very clear instructions!

FabriZ

Sahand_N you are great! I installed on my 5750G (i5-2410M) ML 10.8 and 10.8.2 combo installer and everything works fine (wifi,ethernet,usb,hdmi,sound,trackpad,...), except missing the icon to change the output between HDMI and video of the laptop. I have to restart every time. With Lion, icon looks and works without restarting ... any suggestion? Thanks for the very clear instructions! FabriZ
Thank you!
Icon? What icon? Why don't you use this?:
[URL=http://www.picofa.org/][/URL]
Works fine for me, just drag the white bar to the one you want and it should work. Actually HDMI output works without any tweaks, once I even installed OS X using an external display.

Hi :),
I have this in Lion (acer "integrated" display + external LCD 24") :
HDMI-Lion.jpg
I have full control on both display as you, with mirror or extend.

But in Mountain Lion I have active only one display, without checkbox
"Show mirroring options ... " and above all without "arrangement" page:
HDMI - Mountain Lion.png
:crazy:

FabriZ

Hi :),
I have this in Lion (acer "integrated" display + external LCD 24") :
View attachment 32566
I have full control on both display as you, with mirror or extend.

But in Mountain Lion I have active only one display, without checkbox
"Show mirroring options ... " and above all without "arrangement" page:
View attachment 32567
:crazy:

FabriZ

Hold down the Option key (Windows key usually on hack) when in Display Prefs. Then you'll see "Detect Displays." This is a dumb Mountain Lion change Apple did.

Sorry for the delay ... thank you RehabMan!
When I press "option" key, ML show "detect displays" button and so I can use HDMI display without reboot.
Have a nice day!
:clap:

FabriZ

seems like you guys are all working on the version with the 540m... anyone got this working on the version with i7 and 630/640m??

seems like you guys are all working on the version with the 540m... anyone got this working on the version with i7 and 630/640m??

I don't think there's any difference, since the discrete GPU has to be turned off in BIOS. If you're talking about the modded BIOS, again I think it's compatible with yours too, because a wide range of Sandy Bridge Acer Aspire line (and some Packaed-Bell models) use the same BIOS, I think all x750x models except 4750 ones. BUT before using it ask akbar102 himself.

Been a while but i'm back! perfectly installed 10.8.2 on my aspire 5750g i5-2450m and everything works except for a few things, first major thing is sleep! :s and of course i can fiddle the trackpad with one finger only :p

the bad side of this is the battery btw, if anyone noticed, it drains in about 75% of the original duration! any clue what we could be doing wrong?

Anyway, i'll be working on my own DSDT tonight, so if anyone has any tips or shares the same exact model/specs, plz let me know.

I don't think there's any difference, since the discrete GPU has to be turned off in BIOS. If you're talking about the modded BIOS, again I think it's compatible with yours too, because a wide range of Sandy Bridge Acer Aspire line (and some Packaed-Bell models) use the same BIOS, I think all x750x models except 4750 ones. BUT before using it ask akbar102 himself.

I do believe there is a workaround for this! there have been talks that some ppl did activated the GPU's and are using them now!

Been a while but i'm back! perfectly installed 10.8.2 on my aspire 5750g i5-2450m and everything works except for a few things, first major thing is sleep! :s and of course i can fiddle the trackpad with one finger only :p

the bad side of this is the battery btw, if anyone noticed, it drains in about 75% of the original duration! any clue what we could be doing wrong?

Anyway, i'll be working on my own DSDT tonight, so if anyone has any tips or shares the same exact model/specs, plz let me know.

I do believe there is a workaround for this! there have been talks that some ppl did activated the GPU's and are using them now!

You lost sleep after updating to 10.8.2? It's weird if you're using modded BIOS, but if you're not, probably the patched AppleRTC.kext got overwritten by the update and the issue will be fixed if you reinstall the patched one; Same thing about the trackpad, just reinstall the kexts.

And about the battery, 10.8.2 is actually supposed to improve the battery life, and for me it does; I get over 3 hours for normal use (still not even close to those sweet 5 hours which Windows gives me)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back