Specifications:
BIOS: InsydeH2O Version V1.15
CPU: Intel Core i3 380M 2.53GHZ
RAM: 4096MB RAM
GPU: Intel HD Graphics & NVidia GT 540M 1GB
HDD: Toshiba 640GB 5400RPM AHCI
Wi-Fi: Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter
Chipset: Intel HM55 Chipset

I need some help with making this a working Hackintosh.
At first I had installed Mountain Lion 10.8.4 on it, However things like the bootloader, sound, Wi-Fi didn't work.
Also the display was stuck at 1024x768 rather than 1366x768.

I tried a number of different kext files, some even destroyed the Mac OSX installation, however I am now going to try installing Mavericks and I would like to know if majority of the errors I had will be fixed.
The Bootloader error would simply get stuck on the wheel spinning and eventually turn off, The OS was installed in a Journaled drive so I don't understand why :/.
I tried -x and -v even graphics enabler=no and other commands.
The only way I got it too boot was with Chimera using my installer USB every time i wanted to boot in to OSX Mountain Lion.

....Guess I’m unlucky as I’ve seen other people with similar configurations get there’s working.

If you are willing to help me out and need more information please ask me. I hope to get it working :)
Well any help is appreciated :D

Laptop:
Acer Aspire 5742G

Specifications:

At first I had installed Mountain Lion 10.8.4 on it, However things like the bootloader, sound, Wi-Fi didn't work.

I tried a number of different kext files, some even destroyed the Mac OSX installation, however I am now going to try installing Mavericks and I would like to know if majority of the errors I had will be fixed.
The Bootloader error would simply get stuck on the wheel spinning and eventually turn off, The OS was installed in a Journaled drive so I don't understand why :/.
The only way I got it too boot was with Chimera using my installer USB every time i wanted to boot in to OSX Mountain Lion.

....Guess I’m unlucky as I’ve seen other people with similar configurations get there’s working.

If you are willing to help me out and need more information please ask me. I hope to get it working :)

Your computer is not a very good laptop for OS X.

It has switched graphics (Nvidia optimus) which are not supported (remove all the nvidia kexts), so you'll be disabling the nvidia and using the Intel HD graphics only. But the Intel HD is 1st gen, which is also not really supported, but see this link to see what you can get working: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/286092-guide-1st-generation-intel-hd-graphics-qeci/

Laptop:
Acer Aspire 5742G

Specifications:

Hi, sorry if the reply is late but there are so many things you need to do. I have one of these laptops (without nvidia) and I got it fully working. First you must make sure that you have disabled your nvidia graphics completely!!! This may cause your hackintosh to get stuck on the grey apple logo due to the fact that mac dosen't support those, therefore leading to your frame buffer not being able to load and then you won't be able to get that loading screen.

Of course, this isn't the only problem. On mine I'm using the original factory bios.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back