Contribute
Register

A little help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think your statement is a little strong, "any intel based PC" is poorly phrased, perhaps "any modern Intel based PC" would be more accurate.

Would you expect to be able to install OS X on an Intel 8086, 80286 etc etc?

You have old kit, however I know that you can install OS X (10.6 and 10.7 comes to mind) on a G31 motherboard as I did it on a Gigabyte G31 ML2 (or something) some years ago. However that was a long time ago and things move on. I did look at the guide and I have a strong memory of using that very guide to install my very first hack.

I have no doubt (since I did it) that you can make your board work on some version of OS X. I would strongly suggest that you read more, ask more polite questions, update your profile to be consistent, understand that people here are paid exactly nothing to help you and you have no right to demand help and there is no obligation on here for anybody to help you.

It might also help to understand that various motherboards have different options available in the BIOS and that very, very few people here actually have the motherboard you have and even fewer will be familiar with every little nuance of your particulate version of the BIOS.

If you are unhappy with the guides on this site, and I assume that you researched and read everything about doing this in advance of actually doing it, or did you plough straight in and hope for the best?, then you are welcome to apply for a refund for exactly what you paid for all the hard work that other people put in.

Rob

You compare 286 or 386 to dual core processors?You must be insane. Just because people are maniac and want to spend more and more money to show off their pc or smartphone it doesn't mean that you can't work on an older system... I don't know you , you don't me and I won't let you tell to be polite. Go and judge your family , your woman etc. I am polite enough , my people know it better...

You have taken that statement out of context - you left out the part about Corei3.i5,i7.

From the guide:

"Reports of success with older machines" is no guarantee older machines will work, especially those with IDE HDD connections only or those with SATA ports not able to use AHCI.

In the guide itself it shows the BIOS changes needed - AHCI, HPET enabled, HPET set to 64 bit.
Any board that does not have these options is not likely to work, although some have managed it.
Suggest you google for keywords "Asrock G31De hackintosh" and see what you come up with.

In the meantime, in your BIOS under Advanced/ACPI configuration set ACPI HPET Table = enabled
Then, under Advanced/ATA-IDE Configuration set it for Enhanced.

The header is the following: " iBoot + MultiBeast: Install Mac OS X on any Intel-based PC" Enough said...

And has already been stated to you, you need to read the document carefully, especially the bit where it states that older processors may not be supported.

You took a comment out of context and ran with it, you stated it was a lie. That was incorrect and impolite.

I have no idea what you are ranting about regarding spending money on iPhones and such. The point I was making was that you have older kit, the G31 kit is quite some years old. Just because it says it supports Intel kit does not mean that it supports all Intel kit going back to 286's.

I don't have to know you to say you are impolite, I can read your comments and your misreading and misunderstanding of what is going on.

If you want help on this forum I would suggest that you rein in your immoderate language, read the docs properly and ask for help properly. Ranting off about lies and things will do your case no good whatsoever, all you will do is alienate people.

I actually went back and pulled my G31 board and Core2Duo CPU out and was trying to remember what I did to get it working. I have now put it back in its dusty box.

Best of luck with getting help, sadly I can't provide any,

Rob

And has already been stated to you, you need to read the document carefully, especially the bit where it states that older processors may not be supported.

You took a comment out of context and ran with it, you stated it was a lie. That was incorrect and impolite.

I have no idea what you are ranting about regarding spending money on iPhones and such. The point I was making was that you have older kit, the G31 kit is quite some years old. Just because it says it supports Intel kit does not mean that it supports all Intel kit going back to 286's.

I don't have to know you to say you are impolite, I can read your comments and your misreading and misunderstanding of what is going on.

If you want help on this forum I would suggest that you rein in your immoderate language, read the docs properly and ask for help properly. Ranting off about lies and things will do your case no good whatsoever, all you will do is alienate people.

I actually went back and pulled my G31 board and Core2Duo CPU out and was trying to remember what I did to get it working. I have now put it back in its dusty box.

Best of luck with getting help, sadly I can't provide any,

Rob

I am not from an English-speaking country. So telling that is a lie , means that it's not completely true. Is that bigger impoliteness than two guys attacking someone and offending someone for his motherboard (from 2009 , not so old for not rich people) , pc or his profile (not everyone here has a complete one) ? You still insist mentioning 286 systems! I would like to tell you that my system is faster and quiter than many newer one's. It's not only about a system , but also the ability to use all its power and maintain it...

@vhehboeihio & @ rwillet

Please cease and desist argument.

@vhehboeihio
Did you try my suggestion of BIOS settings and using iBoot Legacy + SL 10.6.3 DVD to install on your G31?

@vhehboeihio & @ rwillet

Please cease and desist argument.

@vhehboeihio
Did you try my suggestion of BIOS settings and using iBoot Legacy + SL 10.6.3 DVD to install on your G31?

It works using iBoot Legacy + ACPI HPET Table and thanks for the help .However , a bigger problem appeared (not iboot's fault). I had made two partitions in a disk, one for some important files another for the hackintosh , both ntfs. I booted with iboot legacy and when snow leopard installation asked for the installation disk , it wanted a mac partition and somehow (Maybe i pressed something , i don't know) it erased both partitions and installation couldn't proceed. I tried to enter windows and check partitions in partition wizard but windows (Disk and partition of Windows different to hackintosh disk) didn't boot. I reinstalled windows. but can't find the disk I wanted to use for hackintosh! Partition wizard didn't start and paragon partition manager can find two unallocated spaces but cannot undelete them. I don't know what to do. Do i need a recovery program? If someone knows , I would appreciate it! I had so important files!

It works using iBoot Legacy + ACPI HPET Table and thanks for the help .However , a bigger problem appeared (not iboot's fault). I had made two partitions in a disk, one for some important files another for the hackintosh , both ntfs. I booted with iboot legacy and when snow leopard installation asked for the installation disk , it wanted a mac partition and somehow (Maybe i pressed something , i don't know) it erased both partitions and installation couldn't proceed. I tried to enter windows and check partitions in partition wizard but windows (Disk and partition of Windows different to hackintosh disk) didn't boot. I reinstalled windows. but can't find the disk I wanted to use for hackintosh! Partition wizard didn't start and paragon partition manager can find two unallocated spaces but cannot undelete them. I don't know what to do. Do i need a recovery program? If someone knows , I would appreciate it! I had so important files!
If you formatted your drive or re-installed Windows then I hate to say it but your files are gone. I hope you have them backed up somewhere off line. It is really best if OS X and Windows reside on different drives and there are some additional problems if you are using Windows XP.

See http://www.tonymacx86.com/snow-leop...multibooting-novice-updated-3-12-see-log.html

If you formatted your drive or re-installed Windows then I hate to say it but your files are gone. I hope you have them backed up somewhere off line. It is really best if OS X and Windows reside on different drives and there are some additional problems if you are using Windows XP.

See http://www.tonymacx86.com/snow-leop...multibooting-novice-updated-3-12-see-log.html

No, I use a blue wd for windows separated in two partitions and a green for some other files. Yesterday , I divided the green one in two partitions to install snow leopard.

No, I use a blue wd for windows separated in two partitions and a green for some other files. Yesterday , I divided the green one in two partitions to install snow leopard.

WD Greens and Blues are notorious for Boot0 Errors due to their so called power saving firmware. Suggest a SSD or a 128/256GB WD black, Hitachi, Toshiba or Seagate drive for an OS X boot drive.

WD Greens and Blues are notorious for Boot0 Errors due to their so called power saving firmware. Suggest a SSD or a 128/256GB WD black, Hitachi, Toshiba or Seagate drive for an OS X boot drive.

It was so strange that Windows boot failed and nothing could fix this (Windows dvd or commands on command prompt!) Snow leopard didn't install anything. Windows 7 must be the worst operating system!
About the guide I don't know when I will follow. I don't trust my drive any more. I finally recovered my data using Ontrack EasyRecovery. Very good program!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back