Contribute
Register

A little help on my Dell Inspiron 15R 5521

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes sir, its pretty much accurate. I used DXDIAG and CPU Z when I was still using Windows. Umm I'm currently doing your DSDT/SSDT tutorial and I've hit a bumped. When I did iasl in terminal it said this:

Code:

[FONT=Menlo]Could not parse external ACPI tables, AE_ALREADY_EXISTS[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Djhays-MBP:extract Jhayzt$ [/FONT]

Umm is this normal?

It is normal if you extracted tables via Clover F4. The problem you're running into (duplicate SSDTs as extracted from Clover) is mentioned in the guide.

As for your chipset, you should double check with 'lspci -nn' in Linux Terminal. And while you're in Linux, extract the native ACPI tables as is recommended by the DSDT patching guide.

It is normal if you extracted tables via Clover F4. The problem you're running into (duplicate SSDTs as extracted from Clover) is mentioned in the guide.

As for your chipset, you should double check with 'lspci -nn' in Linux Terminal. And while you're in Linux, extract the native ACPI tables as is recommended by the DSDT patching guide.

So I should go straight with the Linux guide to extract all of what I need?

It is recommended in the guide.

Alright, going for the linux guide then. :D Umm, this is my list. What do you think?

1. DSDT SSDT Patch
2. Find Kexts for missing drivers

is it alright?

EDIT: Here's my chipset. Its Series 7.

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2015-04-20 02_18_25.png
    Screenshot from 2015-04-20 02_18_25.png
    400.5 KB · Views: 60
Yes, please correct your profile.

Yes sir will do. By the way sir, I've finished dissasembling my dsdt/ssdt.. umm, what do I do next? I'm kinda lost with your tutorial on filtering and so on..

I've finished compiling DSDT and there's one warning and I took care of it. Then I compiled it again there are no errors or warnings anymore. Should I do something more?

EDIT: I've bumped into an error on SSDT2.. can you check it sir @rehabman?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-04-20 at 11.36.32 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-04-20 at 11.36.32 AM.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 85
I've finished compiling DSDT and there's one warning and I took care of it. Then I compiled it again there are no errors or warnings anymore. Should I do something more?

EDIT: I've bumped into an error on SSDT2.. can you check it sir @rehabman?

Although it can be fixed (remove the "placeholder" packages), generally you would exclude that SSDT as it is CPU related.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back