ATi 6870
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
I have lion on one hdd and win7 64bit on the other

and I want to make a dely before auto select lion and in org.chameleon.Boot.plist file I have the following:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>npci=0x2000</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Instant Menu</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>5</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Here Chimera 1.6

what to change/add to make it happens?
please help

cbr900 said:
I have lion on one hdd and win7 64bit on the other

and I want to make a dely before auto select lion and in org.chameleon.Boot.plist file I have the following:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>npci=0x2000</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Instant Menu</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>5</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Here Chimera 1.6

what to change/add to make it happens?
please help

I think you get instant menu without countdown to boot. Just remove:
<key>Instant Menu</key>
<string>Yes</string>

and your delay is 5 seconds. You can set your default partition to boot after 5 seconds by adding:

<key>Default Partition</key>
<string>hd(x,y)</string>

x is the hdd number, y is the boot partition. it's usually hd(0,2) by default.

In my case I have installed Lion on my test drive first.
Copied all data from original Snow disk, validated and cloned back (using Carbon Copy Cloner) all test drive to original snow disk (mirrored config of 2x1TB).
Now issue was to repoint boot loader to use not test drive for boot but my normal mirrored drive.
I have changed boot order it bios, but still Chimera defaulted to my test drive.
So, here is what I did.

on my test drive which Chimera uses for boot, found /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist
updated line to have my mirror disk uuid (you can get uuid from disk utility, select drive, click info).

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>npci=0x2000 darkwake=0 boot-uuid=F3AF017B-80AD-3143-82B4-4CC99EADAF1E</string>

reboot.
even thought it is selected temp on Chimera boot loader will repoint it to my normal mirrored drive.

This can be used as work around. :p Still would like to change default drive Chemera boots to use my mirrored one.
Setting up "Default Partition" key did not work. o_O

zolegus said:
Copied all data from original Snow disk, validated and cloned back (using Carbon Copy Cloner) all test drive to original snow disk (mirrored config of 2x1TB).
Now issue was to repoint boot loader to use not test drive for boot but my normal mirrored drive.
I have changed boot order it bios, but still Chimera defaulted to my test drive.
So, here is what I did.

on my test drive which Chimera uses for boot, found /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist
updated line to have my mirror disk uuid (you can get uuid from disk utility, select drive, click info).

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>npci=0x2000 darkwake=0 boot-uuid=F3AF017B-80AD-3143-82B4-4CC99EADAF1E</string>

reboot.
even thought it is selected temp on Chimera boot loader will repoint it to my normal mirrored drive.

This can be used as work around. :p Still would like to change default drive Chemera boots to use my mirrored one.

Confirm that you installed chimera on the cloned drive after cloning operation.

Mak 1 said:
zolegus said:
So, here is what I did.

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

reboot.

Confirm that you installed chimera on the cloned drive after cloning operation.

Any specific commands/directories to check for you can recommend ?
It is important to have Chimera cloned as well, as now it is time to use test drive as a backup for mirrored config.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back