AMD Readeon HD 6770M
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi everybody!

My Name is Tony, I am new user in this forum and I am planning to build my first hackintosh, i have been user of a mac pro g5 and at this moment I am owner of an iMac 27' with intel i5. what I said I want to build with my hand my first desktop Hakintosh PC.

I am planning to buy the components recommended by tonymackx86 in this article ( since this is my first project i do not want an expensive hackintosh, i just want a hackintosh with a medium performance), these are the parts that i would like to buy:

• CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K
  • Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UD5H
  • HDD Seagate Barracuda SATA 6Gb/s 1TB HDD
  • 8GB Corsair 1600Mhz DDR3
  • Power supply Corsair 650watt
  • TP-Link PCI Express Wifi Adapter (TL-WDN4800)
  • Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

As you can see I did not list a graphic card, the question is if can this setup work without a graphic card? maybe in 2 months i will buy a good graphic card for gaming, but at this moment is what I can pay...

I choose the setup recommended by tonymackx86 because i am new and I want to go on the easiest way possible... what do you think?

thank you very much, and sorry i know my english is not the best but i am trying to do my best

I cannot answer your question, but someone is sure to ask what you'll use it for and what kind of monitor(s) you want to drive from this rig.

Hi everybody!

My Name is Tony, I am new user in this forum and I am planning to build my first hackintosh, i have been user of a mac pro g5 and at this moment I am owner of an iMac 27' with intel i5. what I said I want to build with my hand my first desktop Hakintosh PC.

I am planning to buy the components recommended by tonymackx86 in this article ( since this is my first project i do not want an expensive hackintosh, i just want a hackintosh with a medium performance), these are the parts that i would like to buy:

• CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K
  • Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UD5H
  • HDD Seagate Barracuda SATA 6Gb/s 1TB HDD
  • 8GB Corsair 1600Mhz DDR3
  • Power supply Corsair 650watt
  • TP-Link PCI Express Wifi Adapter (TL-WDN4800)
  • Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

As you can see I did not list a graphic card, the question is if can this setup work without a graphic card? maybe in 2 months i will buy a good graphic card for gaming, but at this moment is what I can pay...

I choose the setup recommended by tonymacx86 because i am new and I want to go on the easiest way possible... what do you think?

thank you very much, and sorry i know my english is not the best but i am trying to do my best

Your system should work with Mountain Lion. The 3570K has HD4000 CPU graphics which is supported in Mountain Lion.

If you plan to add a graphics card in the future, remember to choose one with support in Mountain Lion (such as a Nvidia GTX660Ti).

I want to say thank you! to everyone who answer my post! I know maybe i will have some issues with the build but it is good to know that i am on the correct way! :D

Your system should work with Mountain Lion. The 3570K has HD4000 CPU graphics which is supported in Mountain Lion.

If you plan to add a graphics card in the future, remember to choose one with support in Mountain Lion (such as a Nvidia GTX660Ti).
thanks for your recommendation! i'll try to buy the nvidea GTX660ti, but if not do you know if will the GeForce GTX560Ti works with my steup? or even better, do you know if exist a list of graphics cards supported by mountain lion? i was looking but I didnt find anything

I cannot answer your question, but someone is sure to ask what you'll use it for and what kind of monitor(s) you want to drive from this rig.

at this moment I have a 22" gateway monitor but soon i pretend to upgrade to a 24" monitor with full hd

at this I have a 22" gateway but soon i prentend to upgrade to a 24" monitor with full hd

I don't generally poke fun at peoples langoage skills, bit this made me chuckle !

Good luck with your build, Tony, you'll do fine.

I don't generally poke fun at peoples langoage skills, bit this made me chuckle !

Good luck with your build, Tony, you'll do fine.
hehe , is part of the development of knowledge :p

Como sea gracias por tus buenos deseos amigo! saludos:D

I am running the 560 Ti just fine in Mountain Lion.

To get it running however, I had to install with it plugged in and boot using the PCIRootUID=0 boot flag for the initial install and for booting before using Multibeast.

I'm not sure how you would get it working after installing everything, but maybe someone else could help you.

But everything looks fine in your setup.

I don't generally poke fun at people's grammar and spelling skills, but this made me chuckle!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back