Graphics
Sapphire HD 7970
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
9800 GT pretty much has worked with "INJECT NVIDIA" for me since the last two mac operating systems. With 10.12 it doesn't. I've tried with or without "inject nvidia" and both don't get me to desktop. I'm only able to boot to desktop with nv_disable=1. Can anyone help me out?

9800 GT pretty much has worked with "INJECT NVIDIA" for me since the last two mac operating systems. With 10.12 it doesn't. I've tried with or without "inject nvidia" and both don't get me to desktop. I'm only able to boot to desktop with nv_disable=1. Can anyone help me out?

It seems like something major has changed with graphics in Sierra. The GT 610 is having the same issues you described, has worked OOB with InjectNvidia in both Yosemite and El Capitan but no one has figured out how to make it work in Sierra. Sorry I'm not much help but it will just take some time to hopefully find a solution.

The GT 710 is working OOB though.

It seems like something major has changed with graphics in Sierra. The GT 610 is having the same issues you described, has worked OOB with InjectNvidia in both Yosemite and El Capitan but no one has figured out how to make it work in Sierra. Sorry I'm not much help but it will just take some time to hopefully find a solution.

The GT 710 is working OOB though.
Thanks for the reply...for a moment I thought I was alone with this issue

Last edited:
Thanks alot...so iMac14,2 it is....

Edit : Just tried this and didn't work. I had a kernel panic to do with "NVDASTARTUP..." and now won't boot even with nv_disable=1. So I used the USB installer to get here and post this.

Im sorry about that! ...in my case I used clover configurator to change SMBIOS settings a couple of times, tried MacPro and two other iMacs except 14,2 - and that did not cause me any boot issues other than the black screen. When I got finally got there, after Flor!ans suggestion, and set it up I did not rush. I used nv_disable at first to make sure the SMBIOS changes settled and when nvidia drivers where installed and ready I removed it and rebooted. And it worked great.

Now the system works great, and after doing some extra settings for iMessage (MLB etc) that also works. I use two step verification with Apple which I think makes a difference in trust level.

my 2p

BR
f

Have the same problem any solution jet?

Have the same problem any solution jet?
If you are using gtx 960 as your profile states then you either use smbios of imac 14,2 or add your board id to AGDP. 9800gt is a totally different issue I hear.

I've been using a 9800GT since OS 10.6 and I would love to keep using it if possible on Sierra. Anyone figure this out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back