Contribute
Register

90% successful Yosemite install Clover on GA-77N-Wifi.. couple questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
use Pjalm's DSDT Patch
http://pjalm.com/forums/index.php

don't worry, will not break your system, I am using it to patch my F3 BIOS, very stable, just works like a real Mac

I know this is a much older post, but I was hoping someone could possibly help me. I've gone through the steps here, outside of the HDMI Audio, but I cannot for the life of me get this device to "wake" from my USB Mouse or Keyboard.

I will fully admit I just dragged and dropped the Archive.zip contents to my EFI partition (the right locations), so if that was a huge mistake then my sincere apologies!

I can share pretty much anything with anyone - I didn't think it was necessary to start a new thread but let me know if so.

Clover Loader -> UEFI -> Yosemite on the same board (GA-Z77-WIFI). I use an nVidia GeForce 570, if that makes any difference.

Thanks quite a bit for any help, it really is appreciated. I went everywhere I could on the Internet and couldn't get my answer, and my wife has now called me out on "wasting" so many hours on something she doesn't even care about... but I do ;-)

Edit: I can't find an easy way of setting this to iMac 5,1 - I see 15,1 - is that what you mean? If not, what's a "mostly" idiot proof way of changing that (if that's what I need to do). It goes to sleep great - it wakes with the push of the power button as well - just not when moving the mouse or striking the keyboard.

Hello,

I have the same motherboard but with an i5 3570K, no separate graphics card.

I have used the Unibeast method to update successfully from every OS between 10.7 and 10.9.3 (never updated to 10.9.5). After trying the unibeast method to go from 10.9.3 to 10.10.3 a number of times unsuccessfully, I decided I would try Clover. I think that I have successfully updated, but I can't get full functionality despite trying my best to follow directions of others who have had success. I've tried following the forums for a few weeks now, and although I incredibly seemingly haven't broken my machine, I don't understand much of the directions and am reaching out for help.

First general question: I say that I think I've updated successfully because I can get my computer to boot up into 10.10.3, but it does not boot automatically, it always first goes to the Clover boot screen and then I have to select between my 10.9 clone on my HHD, the new 10.10 install on my SSD, or the newly created recovery drive, and when I select my new 10.10 install, it boots to a black screen with a white apple logo and a white status bar has to load every time. Is this normal not to boot directly into my new OS, and seeing this black screen loading bar every time when I do select my new OS?

Using Tony's standard config.plst and following his Clover guide, I seem to having a working machine with the following issues:
USB 3
Audio
Wireless Internet

------------------------------
I'm not sure exactly what to do at this point. What I'm going to do is list below what I have done, and what I do not understand. I think many of my gaps in understanding will be pretty pitiful. Please be kind, I am a full time student; extremely grateful for the help I've received on this forum before. I have tried over the past few weeks to find these answers myself, but have hit up against my own limits.

Here's what I've done, and what I don't understand:

I have been able to mount the EFI partition and install the Fake SMC and NullCPU kexts. I do not understand how to install the Realktek Ethernet kext from Multibeast (when I ran the newest version of multibeast to try and get some audio and internet functionality, it didn't seem to alter anything).

When I tried to run the audio_cloverALC-100.command it said:
"File: audio_cloverALC-110.command_v1.0b
EFI partition is mounted
Boot/Arguments = kext-dev-mode=1 found
codec:8b19d411 is not native
Install native AppleHDA.kext
No system files were changed"

Not sure why this didn't work . . . is it significant that when I downloaded the ALC-100.command from github, the file I actually downloaded was called audio_cloverALC-110_v1.0b.command? As in 110 instead of 100?

I have never used a .dsdt file with this motherboard prior to installing 10.10, but I was able to find and download the correct one referred to in this post. I do not understand how to install it. I also don't understand what 'using SSDT as well' means.

Can someone also upload screen shots of their clover configurator settings? Mine looks very different from those on the second post of tony's guide (lexone's post #2 - 10-19-2014, 01:20 PM). For example, in his screenshot on the ACPI tab, non of the "fixes" are checked, but a BUNCH of mine are. Don't know how this happened.

On top of all this, my graphics just started acting funny for the first time when booting into 10.10.3 - they have been fine the past few weeks, don't know what changed.

Obviously I'm in a bad way and over my head. I apologize for the lack of specific questions. If anyone is generous enough to try and respond to some of these issues, I'd be very grateful. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back