Graphics
7970 + HD4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm considering flashing my Visiontek 7970 bios to the GHz version. Just curious if anyone else has been able to get this to successfully boot into Mountain Lion with the overclock before i consider possibly screwing up my video card.

if anyone was wondering i was able to flash it and it bumbed my luxmark score slightly from 18xx to 19xx

strangely its a lot more stable in mountain lion then win7, as i've booted in win7 w/ a blue screen (though in amd overdrive it was overclocked heavily)

Could you possibly provide instructions on how you got it work? I have the same motherboard except a 3570K and I cannot get my 7970s to work for the life of me.

im just getting the black screen with gibberish text upon boot.

look through my post history.. i had the same problem. but that has nothing to do w/ the ghz bios and a fairly common problem thats been discussed on this message board multiple times

Sorry man, I was just trying to get some more personalized advice. Most of the guides here are either poorly written or their english is atrocious. I'd rather not blindly jump into adding partitions or other strange steps without knowing they will work on my system specifically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back