1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
51X-C2RTN7L._SL500_AA300_.jpg
51HLZztgKQL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

660ti gigabyte 280$ after rebate

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008UG2W20/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=tonymacx86com-20
560ti gigabyte 209$ after rebate
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004KM49WO/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=tonymacx86com-20

im soon going to build a whole new desktop(with monitor,keyboard,mouse) and im not sure what type of gpu i should get. i was thinking that the 660ti would be over kill for my, but im not sure about the 560ti. also, is the 660ti worth the 100-50$ price difference? i dont play much games now because i have a terrible computer that can barley run minecraft in a window, but some games i thought i would start playing were L4D2, killing floor, counter strike,TF2, and maybe cod:BO2.

so my question is, should i get the 560ti or the 660ti, which one is right for me? anything under 280$ is good for me :D

im soon going to build a whole new desktop(with monitor,keyboard,mouse) and im not sure what type of gpu i should get. i was thinking that the 660ti would be over kill for my, but im not sure about the 560ti. also, is the 660ti worth the 100-50$ price difference? i dont play much games now because i have a terrible computer that can barley run minecraft in a window, but some games i thought i would start playing were L4D2, killing floor, counter strike,TF2, and maybe cod:BO2.

so my question is, should i get the 560ti or the 660ti, which one is right for me? anything under 280$ is good for me :D

If you are going to game, go with the 660ti.

660 Ti is definitely better, but I can vouch for the 560 Ti as I am using one with an i5-3570k, Z77N-wifi mobo, and 8gb RAM. I can push CS:GO to a stable 250 fps on low settings (how I prefer to play it). This is dual booting to Windows 7 on another SSD.

if you'r Display not more than '' 22'' then go for 660ti , or use 560ti for high res display :D

if you'r Display not more than '' 22'' then go for 660ti , or use 560ti for high res display :D

thanks for the advice. i was gonna get a 27", so im going with the 660ti:headbang:

Hi, I have just a quick question, does the constructor of the GPU matters? I'm going to buy a GTX 670 today, is it important for it to be a eVGA (like the one ine Tonymacx buyer's guide) or not?

Thanks!

Hi, I have just a quick question, does the constructor of the GPU matters? I'm going to buy a GTX 670 today, is it important for it to be a eVGA (like the one ine Tonymacx buyer's guide) or not?

Thanks!

If you scroll down the the bottom of the buyers guide, you will notice that there are several brands (ie: eVGA, MSI, ASUS, GIGABYTE, etc). All the brands listed on Tony's Buyers guide will work. Brands like Gigabyte, Asus, and MSI sell cards that have higher performance as well as lower temperatures. eVGA sells reference cards with standard coolers, but offers an exceptional warranty. Most cards have 2-3 yrs, eVGA has limited lifetime.

Hi everyone, this is my first post as I am getting ready to build my first hackintosh soon.

Hacman, I followed your link and tried to understand why I would want to get the GTX 560 TI if I want to run a large display (24"+) with 1080p resolution rather than the GTX 660 TI. From the link, i gather that the GTX 560 TI has a 26304 Mpixels/sec rate and the 660 TI has a 21960 mpixel/sec rate. I don't know what this means when it comes to converting these numbers into how a display will actually perform with each card. I wish I could see the math, because although I know not enough to disagree with you, it doesn't make sense to me why the more expensive card wouldn't be able to handle 1080p.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Hi everyone, this is my first post as I am getting ready to build my first hackintosh soon.

Hacman, I followed your link and tried to understand why I would want to get the GTX 560 TI if I want to run a large display (24"+) with 1080p resolution rather than the GTX 660 TI. From the link, i gather that the GTX 560 TI has a 26304 Mpixels/sec rate and the 660 TI has a 21960 mpixel/sec rate. I don't know what this means when it comes to converting these numbers into how a display will actually perform with each card. I wish I could see the math, because although I know not enough to disagree with you, it doesn't make sense to me why the more expensive card wouldn't be able to handle 1080p.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

for 24 inch 1080p GTX 660ti 192 bit ok but 2560x1440 27 inch you need, high Mpixels/sec like 560 ti 256 bit :)

btw : expensive non expensive doesn't matter its purely depends upon your need

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back