Contribute
Register

64gb RAM build - is this spec compatible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 (Intel X79)
CPU
Intel Core i7 3970X Extreme (6 x 3.5 GHZ) (Overclocked to 4.4 Ghz)
Graphics
XFX Radeon HD 5870
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all,

Just wanted to check with you hack pro's out there whether this build all looks compatible?

Cooler Master 690 II Lite (Same as last two builds)
Intel Core i7 3970X Extreme (6 x 3.6 GHZ)
Corsair Hydro Series H80i (Advanced Liquid Cooling)
Corsair Vengeance LP 64GB (8x8GB) 1600MHz - Lifetime Warranty (DDR3)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 - 2 GB - (MSI) Twin Frozr OC - (PCI-E)
Asus P9X79 (Intel X79)
Crucial M4 512gb SSD.

I'd like to go for a Titan but not sure how compatible it is with Mavericks? This is a workstation to use after effects and cinema 4d full-time.

Thanks for any advice.

Can anyone offer some advice please? Really need to get this machine purchased and up and running! thanks

Would probably be better off with a Gigabyte motherboard as they generally have better support.

What do you do that requires 64 GB RAM?

Thanks for the reply.

I use after effects, cinema 4d and other adobe apps. I sometimes need to render multiple projects at the same time that are heavy going and my current 20gb of ram gets used. I just want a beast of a machine really that can run lots of apps at once.

All my other hacks run on Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 - would it better to stick with that?

Thanks for your help.

Would probably be better off with a Gigabyte motherboard as they generally have better support.

What do you do that requires 64 GB RAM?

Could you or anyone else recommend which Gigabyte board would be best to use? Here is my latest spec and just about to buy so please can anyone help me with the motherboard?...

I have 4 other hacks running the GA-X79-UP4 without issue but this machine has a lot more RAM and a better graphics card so would really appreciate some advice.

Money is irrelevant on this build, I just want a kick ass motherboard with minimal hassle!

COOLER MASTER 690 III LITEINTEL CORE I7 3970X EXTREME 3.5GHz
Samsung 840 EVO 500GB
CORSAIR HYDRO SERIES H80i
GIGABYTE GA-X79-UP4
NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX770 2GB ASUS
CORSAIR VENGEANCE 64GB 1600MHz
CORSAIR AF120 SILENT FANS (DUAL PACK)
COOLERMASTER 520W SILENT PRO M2 MODULAR PSU/ DVD Writer Samsung 840 EVO 500GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back