Graphics
PNY Geforce GTX 560ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I upgraded to Mavericks this weekend, and everything is working great with this exception: any video I open (with Quicktime or on Youtube) appears as a jumbled, blocky neon pink and green image. Playing a video on Youtube seems to lock the system immediately.

I am using a Nvidia 560ti, which is a fermi card. My system definition is MacMini6,2 and I've already updated AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext to enable AGPM. This is the same setup I used in Mountain Lion without issue.

I've tried:
- Installing the latest Flash plugin. No change.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Using the 560ti I would disable the integrated graphics and set the 560ti as the default display. That worked fine with GraphicsEnabler=Yes.

I took out the 560ti for now and I'm using the integrated HD4000 graphics without any issues at all.

Found a solution, I think:

I had been using the MacMini6,2 system definition; tonight I switched to MacPro5,1 and now I have no issues. I removed AppleTyMCEDriver.kext to avoid the kernel panic, and updated AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext to use my GPU with MacPro5,1. No more issues with Quicktime, no more issues with Youtube. Everything is working great.

Found a solution, I think:

I had been using the MacMini6,2 system definition; tonight I switched to MacPro5,1 and now I have no issues. I removed AppleTyMCEDriver.kext to avoid the kernel panic, and updated AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext to use my GPU with MacPro5,1. No more issues with Quicktime, no more issues with Youtube. Everything is working great.

I have a GTX 580 on a Maximus V Gene mobo and the same problems. I just wish someone would figure out what causes this as I didn't have any issues with graphics in ML.
I'll try using the MacPro5,1 sysdef, though I hate that it breaks my audio green port. :-/

EDIT: Nope, MacPro5,1 Sysdef breaks more than it fixes. I do hope this gets sorted eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back