Contribute
Register

4k on Mini-Itx, No Gpu and only 285 W power. Is it possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z77-DS3H
CPU
i5 3570
Graphics
Geforge 8800 gts + hd2500
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello all.

I have a mini-itx case without space for gpu and with an integrated power supply sl-8300sfx which has just 300w .

I would like to build on this base my second Hackintosh that I would use with my 4k monitor Lg 27mu67.

I don't play games on 4k but I watch movies, use Illustrator and Photoshop and surf the web with a lot of tabs always open.

What combination of cpu + motherboard can do that?

I put here the specs of this power supply

IMG_1522.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1522.JPG
    IMG_1522.JPG
    129.3 KB · Views: 118
Anyone please ? :confused:

Anyone please ? :confused:

We cannot do your research for you. Go to Asrock, Asus, Gigabyte, MSI, Zotac and look at each OEMs ITX boards. If the specs do not say the onboard GPU via the CPU graphics support 4096x graphics then you can forget that board.

Thank you very much for your way of suggesting me the 4096x spec which I didn't know about.

What about the cpu for 4k video and low consumption ? Is there any i5 you may suggest? thanks

Thank you very much for your way of suggesting me the 4096x spec which I didn't know about.

What about the cpu for 4k video and low consumption ? Is there any i5 you may suggest? thanks

The 4690k is a beast of a chip. The onboard Intel HD 4600 will also do 4k if you have the right motherboard.

Thanks for the comments.
All the motherboards that I saw go up to 4k but at maximum frequency of @24htz . My LG monitor 4k works at 30htz refresh rate.

I guess this may be an issue and I fear that at 24htz I would freeze my eyes :geek:o_O

Thanks for the suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back