Contribute
Register

4540S LCD Screen (1080p replacement)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok as soon as I get 100 bucks I'll buy it and will post if it worked or not

So let me get this straight is the LP156WF1 fully supported from lg will it work fine for this project

So let me get this straight is the LP156WF1 fully supported from lg will it work fine for this project

Yes. Its a Auo V4 screen which will work. Its the exact same 1080p screen as mine. You need to replace the LVDS cable btw. Note the screen has (1 to 5 dead pixels). You may want to find a better listing.

Hello guys!

I want to upgrade my HP Probook 6570b from HD to Full HD screen. Is this possible if the gpu is Intel HD4000? Do I need to replace the screen and cable only, or will I have to adjust things in BIOS, or do firmware modding, etc., too?

I am also not sure if the better resolution will make the text and icons smaller. My main reason to replace the LCD is because my original screen is not sharp, it is a bit blurry, difficult to watch for my eyes. I want a sharp screen, as close to Apple Retina as possible, though that is a higher resolution I know. But I want to get as close to that as possible, however smaller text will not be good for my eyes. That's why I am hesitating between FullHD and HD+

I want to upgrade my HP Probook 6570b from HD to Full HD screen. Is this possible if the gpu is Intel HD4000? Do I need to replace the screen and cable only, or will I have to adjust things in BIOS, or do firmware modding, etc., too?

I think you can use the same screen. You should verify the connector is the same.

Not sure about the cable. What is your current screen resolution?

I am also not sure if the better resolution will make the text and icons smaller.

Of course it will. More pixels on same size screen equals smaller pixels. Smaller pixels equal smaller user interface elements.

My current cable is single with HD screen. I have checked that this one belongs to the HD+ and FHD screens according to the HP manual of spare parts for my notebook: Part Number: 646970-001
What do you suggest then regarding this icon size problem then? Better to buy a HD+ for my needs or use FHD with setting icon size larger? However in the latter case I think some text and images will appear unsharp due to the incompatibility of the image with larger scaling.

What do you suggest then regarding this icon size problem then? Better to buy a HD+ for my needs or use FHD with setting icon size larger? However in the latter case I think some text and images will appear unsharp due to the incompatibility of the image with larger scaling.

Personal preference... your choice.

What's the difference between v1 and v4 I supposedly bought a v4 but received v1 so will it hert anything?

Theres no much information but I've found this. Cant seem to find the 15.6 is yours 15.6 which they've sent you?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-03-20 at 17.09.24.png
    Screen Shot 2016-03-20 at 17.09.24.png
    97 KB · Views: 178
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back