Contribute
Register

4530s Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
nikstar said:
I saw at the web people that have been upgrade their CPU at the 4530s without problems.
So if someone needs more power (i7 CPU for example) there is a solution ;)

Also what do you think about this?
Do you think it will work under Lion?

This a little late response but I hope is helpful. I dont know about vidock but I have purchased a PE4L http://forum.notebookreview.com/gaming-software-graphics-cards/418851-diy-egpu-experiences.html getting a review on the above forum. It's cheaper (much cheaper) and it does exactly the same job. You should better wait a little while, since a new product will come out compatible with PCI-e 2.0 doubling the bus speed.

With the above product, I hooked an 5850 extreme on my 4530s for use with video editing games etc. I am using Chimera 1.6.0 and GraphicsEnabler=yes. Cinebench R11.5 showed an increase from 9fps with IntelHD to 22fps with 5850 on external monitor. Not bad since I am using i3 and the same results had the MacBook Pro 15,4 with 2635QM a quad core i7. I am upgrading to a i7 soon so I will post further results.

just for instance my 5850 would post around 27fps on my desktop with i7 oc @ 3.23GHz.

Feel free to ask.

I'm currently swapping my 4430s i3 with an i5. The other 4430s that I got came without a camera and I decided that switching procs was faster than swapping screen bezels.

I can't even begin to tell you all how easy it is to swap out the CPU.

liposuction said:
I can't even begin to tell you all how easy it is to swap out the CPU.

Really! Cause on my 4530s it seems like after you open the bottom cover you need to remove to many screws... Do you have a picture? Maybe they are different.

EDIT: Checked out. They are really different
this is a 4430s
0d7180bd1f.jpg

and this is a 4530s
1.stories.reviews.internal.hp.ProBook_4530s.1.4530s_26.jpg

The 4430s requires this:

- no screws to remove the bottom cover
- 1 screw to remove the fan
- 4 screws to remove the heat sink
- 1/2 turn on the CPU socket release

Heh. This thing rocketh. Oh and I took the opportunity to swap out the factory hardened goo with Ye Olde Arctic Silver

:headbang:

Attachments

• photo(3).JPG
    photo(3).JPG
    414 KB · Views: 316
blueking said:
Someone ought to do a tear apart video for the 4530s

HP has official teardown videos now. Right on their site. I used their video to see how many screws were hidden on my fan/heatsink. They're actually quite good.

Actually I think the video listed on the 4430s page is for the 4530s. The memory slots don't match up with the 4430s.

http://h20464.www2.hp.com/resultsCSR.ht ... DEA91F798F

liposuction said:
The 4430s requires this:

- no screws to remove the bottom cover
- 1 screw to remove the fan
- 4 screws to remove the heat sink
- 1/2 turn on the CPU socket release

Heh. This thing rocketh. Oh and I took the opportunity to swap out the factory hardened goo with Ye Olde Arctic Silver

:headbang:

Lucky you!

I think I have to tear down almost the whole laptop :cry:

blueking said:
Someone ought to do a tear apart video for the 4530s
Maybe I will when I get the new CPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back