Contribute
Register

4530s installation failed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok cool thanks!!! I got the installer log.
One thing thats weird is that I used the 6.1.4 probook installer again but this time the only option I chose was for the wifi and it worked and my wifi is working again. Some weird things though. When Mountain Lion starts I have to put my pw in two times and my remapped buttons don't work (ei. brightness & vol), and i think scrolling on my internal trackpad is gone.

ps i forgot to mention that I can't boot into my laptop without the usb installer. I tried safe mode and that didn't even work.

edit/update: Really weird but I used the installer again and tried to install the stuff one by one and I got the extra tools to install and I can now boot into ML w/o the usb installer or the weird two lock screen problem. I also got my scrolling back on my trackpad.

PS. I think there's something wrong with the 4x30s kext files because whenever I selected that option the installer would fail.

There is something wrong with your IOBluetoothFamily.kext. Have you patched it? If it's not vanilla, you should restore the vanilla kext and then try again.

but my bluetooth works fine

It doesn't matter.

If you have badly matched IOBluetoothFamily (or other BT related kext) and your kernel cache cannot be built with the set of kexts you have in /S/L/E, then your system will forever be screwed up until you fix the problem with the BT kexts. You will get errors with every OS X update, and every installer that installs kexts into /S/L/E.

I only suspect this is an error related to kernel cache... I haven't seen the log as it seems you have removed it.

What happened to your BT kexts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back