Contribute
Register

4530s Graphics Glitches how to fix ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it matter if I patch my DSDT then remove the battery from laptop? Do I need to patch DSDT again after battery was removed? or only EC reset?

Patching DSDT should be first. Then EC reset. Then test.

Read the guide for instructions on repatching your DSDT...

Thank you. I just read the guide.

BIOS updates/hardware upgrades

If you ever make a hardware change or update the BIOS, you should re-patch your DSDT. See this thread: DSDT patch: HP ProBook 4x30s (4330, 4430, 4530, 4730) patches -- Updated and this thread for a guide using MacIASL: Patching your DSDT ProBook 4x30s using MaciASL
It makes sense. But I'm not sure about the battery. At the moment I'm only using the notebook at home. Should I generate the DSDT with battery attached then remove the battery and do EC reset? When I attach the battery back should I re-patch the DSDT?

Thank you. I just read the guide.

It makes sense. But I'm not sure about the battery. At the moment I'm only using the notebook at home. Should I generate the DSDT with battery attached then remove the battery and do EC reset? When I attach the battery back should I re-patch the DSDT?

EC reset is just something you do once you experience glitches and they won't go away with a restart. Adding or removing the battery does not require repatching DSDT.

And it is probably easier to just patch your DSDT with the Probook Installer...

Thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back