Contribute
Register

4.2 Ghz Turbo Limit

Status
Not open for further replies.
what settings are you using in the Clover installer?

what settings are you using in the Clover installer?

I started following the identical settings you used in your guide, but it still used chimera when I rebooted. However this time I selected the mac icon instead of install yosemite at the prompt and sure enough my OS X just booted and is running properly.. I did change the system identifier to iMac 13,2 in clover from mac pro 3,1 as it more correctly matched my mb 1155 i7 sandy bridge .
However checking my about mac it has changed to iMac (which is what i expected) but memory reports as 16gb 1333mhz ddr3 and titan graphics card no longer shows correct ram instead its now reporting 0mb

update:
Just for giggles I said lets try and reboot it again without the usb stick installed and voila, its up and running. Everything seems to be ok so far but def not 100%
USB3 is not working on front off case, attempting install CalDigitFastIO.kext and CalDigitUSBxHCI.kext 1st keep our fingers crossed

Update: (30 min later :)
USB3 still not working and identifier for ram on Titan card still not reporting only 0mb
System does seem more responsive even the time from entering pw at login to screen has gone from 7-10 seconds to near instantly.
Guess i should try OC as that was the whole point in attempting this.

OK well you'll probably laugh at this question but i can't for the life of me figure out this problem..
Iff I just now got a proper dsdt file from pjalms repo and I now have clover as my startup, but i can't figure out how to inject it using clover configurator

Additionally I d/ld maciasl and it has an option to patch my existing dsdt? I am having weird problems with safari quitting for no apparent reason as well as wow now ?

any ideas ?

OK Ive given up,think it might have to do with my bios ? so i just went with a new cpu/mb.. i got the Intel Core i7-4790K & Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD7 TH .. Im gonna be using the same titan grfx and musician redline ram, got 2 1TB Samsung evo's any thought on Raid ?
Or should i just skip it and try to keep it simple.. Regardless must be able to OC this beast!

OK got the new gigabyte z97x-ud7-th and 4790K up and running today... So far great results everything seems to be working beautifully via clover, had horrible boot times via chimera, so i plunged into clover once more this time no hiccups and cut boot time in half to about 37-40 sec. still trying to figure out why as my old system booted in under 10 sec flat.. and only other issue is my titan card reports 0mb ram, but otherwise am now getting 15k+ geek benches and 115fps heaven benches.. I didn't run clover config , maybe that would help, but a bit overwhelming with all the options tomorrow is another day i suppose.. Thanks again for the help think Im gonna put my other machine back together for a tester...

Fun Wow
Also some notes,
I installed imac 14,2 definition and had to hack web driver to get it to install but did see a 2 fps gain by doing so? Maybe I should install cuda ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back