UHD 620
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello guys,
I recently installed macOS Big Sur on my laptop hack. It was kinda easy. I have everything working. But, I have a 3.5mm external mic and I would like to get it working with my hack. It has extremely good sound quality and I would not like to keep it collecting dust. I have a audio jack splitter for the mic which splits the single audio port from the laptop into mic and speaker. The mic works well with windows. My laptop mic and speaker work and line in is also listed in the input options in macOS. Any help is appreciated.

Hello guys,
I recently installed macOS Big Sur on my laptop hack. It was kinda easy. I have everything working. But, I have a 3.5mm external mic and I would like to get it working with my hack. It has extremely good sound quality and I would not like to keep it collecting dust. I have a audio jack splitter for the mic which splits the single audio port from the laptop into mic and speaker. The mic works well with windows. My laptop mic and speaker work and line in is also listed in the input options in macOS. Any help is appreciated.
try all layout id's as per:

ALCPlugFix may be another option to use

or you may have to:

Thanks but my headphone already works crystal clear and I tried all of the alc layout ids. Even alcplugfix did not work for me. I already use AppleALC kext. that's how I got my audio working.

P.S: Thanks for your comment on the Big Sur sata kext. It worked. :)

Thanks but my headphone already works crystal clear and I tried all of the alc layout ids. Even alcplugfix did not work for me. I already use AppleALC kext. that's how I got my audio working.

P.S: Thanks for your comment on the Big Sur sata kext. It worked. :)

Have your external mic worked? I have the same problem as yours. I also use OpenCore. I've tried all layout IDs for my Conexant CX8200. Layout 21 works except external mic. There is "Line In" in System preference, but it doesn't work. ALCPlugFix isn't useful. My Mac OS version is 10.15.7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back