Graphics
Gigabyte WFIII GTX 670
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I know the Dell Ultrasharp series is very reputable, but it is also very expensive. Any other reliable 30 inch monitors that run native 2560x1600?

I know the Dell Ultrasharp series is very reputable, but it is also very expensive. Any other reliable 30 inch monitors that run native 2560x1600?

You've pretty much got Dell and Apple. Sadly, anything affordable wont be higher than 1920x1080 because idiot consumers think "OH WOW 1080P THATS SO AWEZOME!" and give the manufactures use that as a valid reason to have a price divide.

If you want something affordable, your best choice would be a korean IPS (27" 2560x1440) ... but with those, reliability is not something I'd count on. Or a warranty for that matter, they're the russian roulette of monitors.

Edit: Monoprice actually has a 27" 2560x1440 monitor for about $400, and they're a reputable dealer with a warranty... but they're out of stock atm.
http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=11307&cs_id=1130703&p_id=9579&seq=1&format=2

As an owner of a Nixeus Vue 27 I whole heartedly recommend this screen. Out of the box it was very apparent that it needed to be calibrated but with a couple simple adjustments it works great.

My adjustments are:

• First, turn off Dynamic Contrast (DCR). It just doesn't work and makes all details washed out.
  • Second, set the ECO to "Standard" If you don't do that it seems like the next step doesn't do anything.
  • Third, as mine was very cold looking I set the Color Temp to "Warm"
  • And finally, I set the color profile in osx to "Generic RGB Profile" to get the most accurate colors.

http://www.amazon.com/Nixeus-Resolution-2560x1440-Monitor-NX-VUE27/dp/B008M08SN6 is where i got mine and it was $460 at the time.

Thanks for the help guys, but the person I'm building the computer for is VERY anal about the resolution...looks like he'll have to get a $1000 Ultrasharp...thanks though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back