Register

20USD Hackintosh possible? Intel Pentium E5300

Motherboard
ASUS P5KPL-AM
CPU
E5300
Graphics
HD 5850
Got this PC for 20 bucks off Craigslist and I amm looking to install MacOS on it.
It works under Windows 10, and as a matter of fact im writing this Post on it.
Surely it insn't suitable for acutal everyday use, but it would make for a nice Project nevertheless.

So, here are the specs:
MOBO: ASUS P5KPL-AM
CPU: Pentium E5300
GPU: Radeon HD5850
HDD: barracuda 160gb 7200rpm

Is it possible to install mac on it? if yes, what would be the latest compatible OS?

Thank you!

Got this PC for 20 bucks off Craigslist and I amm looking to install MacOS on it.
Surely it insn't suitable for acutal everyday use, but it would make for a nice Project nevertheless.

So, here are the specs:

Is it possible to install mac on it? if yes, what would be the latest compatible OS?

Thank you!

When I do a search for what chipset your board has I come up with G31 when I use the search feature on this form for the Chipset the board uses I find this post:

by reading this post I find that there is a good chance that you could get it to work... However, you will likely need to use some older version of Mac OS maybe Sierra or High Sierra.

It might not be easy and the learning curve might be steep!

Good Luck.

T
When I do a search for what chipset your board has I come up with G31 when I use the search feature on this form for the Chipset the board uses I find this post:

by reading this post I find that there is a good chance that you could get it to work... However, you will likely need to use some older version of Mac OS maybe Sierra or High Sierra.

It might not be easy and the learning curve might be steep!

Good Luck.
Thanks a lot!

So, here are the specs:

Thank you!

Crafting my essay while applying to UT via the CommonApp was a deeply introspective journey. It allowed me to articulate my academic aspirations and personal growth. I delved into experiences that shaped my passion for my chosen field, revealing my dedication and potential contributions to the UT community. Exploring narrative essay topics, I highlighted moments that defined my educational path. Amidst this process, I considered seeking additional expertise and briefly pondered the idea to buy coursework online https://essaypro.com/buy-coursework. This essay became not only a testament to my academic prowess but also a testament to my individuality.
while it's possible to attempt a macOS installation on your PC, given its age and hardware, it may not be a practical daily driver. It could be a fun project for learning and experimentation, but be prepared for potential challenges and limitations. Additionally, be aware of the legal and ethical considerations when creating a Hackintosh.

Back