Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
As expected, my first hackintosh has been frustrating to set up. I am in need of expertise.

Gigabyte x58a-ud3r ver2.0 MB
i7 950 3.06Ghz
EVGA nVidia GeForce 9500GT
4gb OCZ DDR3 RAM
LG BluRay Drive
OCZ 64gb SSD HD

I installed using iBoot+MultiBeast 3.0 and the normal steps, checked Easybeast and rebooted. Graphics, ethernet, audio, and who knows what else don't work. I think I messed with the wrong kexts too, because now I can't boot except by using the iBoot CD. It freezes at the Apple logo. I know I probably have to start over for like the 5th time, so my question is....

Does someone have a guide for my specific build? Send me the link if you would.
- if not
Perhaps someone has a link to a custom DSDT that I could use?

I feel like I'm close to getting this working, I'm just doing something wrong at the post-install. I'd like to get this working as close to 100% possible.
Thanks!

efwells101 said:
As expected, my first hackintosh has been frustrating to set up. I am in need of expertise.

Gigabyte x58a-ud3r ver2.0 MB
i7 950 3.06Ghz
EVGA nVidia GeForce 9500GT
4gb OCZ DDR3 RAM
LG BluRay Drive
OCZ 64gb SSD HD

I installed using iBoot+MultiBeast 3.0 and the normal steps, checked Easybeast and rebooted. Graphics, ethernet, audio, and who knows what else don't work. I think I messed with the wrong kexts too, because now I can't boot except by using the iBoot CD. It freezes at the Apple logo. I know I probably have to start over for like the 5th time, so my question is....

Does someone have a guide for my specific build? Send me the link if you would.
- if not
Perhaps someone has a link to a custom DSDT that I could use?

I feel like I'm close to getting this working, I'm just doing something wrong at the post-install. I'd like to get this working as close to 100% possible.
Thanks!

The link to get a DSDT.aml for your board/BIOS version on it is under the Resources option you see at the top of the screen. While you are in that link section grab the latest Multibeast as well and find the RealtekRTL81xx-0_0_67+.pkg installer for your NIC I believe there is a thread on the forum here or you can just search the file name that will get it in Google. Once you have these items while booted with your iBoot open the Terminal.app it is in the Applications -> Utilities folder open it type in then hit enter key sudo -s and type in the password you set on install once at the root prompt the bash-3.2# you will see use this.

Code:
rm -r /Extra/*

This will get rid of everything in the existing /Extra directory so there will not be anything there to cause problems later. Now open the new Multibeast selecting the UserDSDT option with the DSDT.aml file on your Desktop already so it can install that. If the Multibeast closes open it again so you can get down to installing some other options. Under the Drivers & Bootloaders option you want firstly in the Kext & Enablers -> Audio -> Realtek ALC8xx you want the ALC8xxHDA option checked. Then in the Miscellaneous section the EvOreboot and fakesmc checked. Now under the Bootloaders you want the Chameleon 2.0 R5 - Prerelease selected. Moving on to the Customizaton you want under Boot Options you want either the 32-bit or 64-bit Apple Boot Screen (32bit or 64 bit used at boot) selected under the System Definitions choose your Mac Model name one of the iMac or MacPro options. If you want a theme for the boot loader choose one in that section. Once your done all this let it install onto your hard drive then open the Realtek package you downloaded by double clicking on it in Finder then install and reboot the system hopefully fully working if I have not left anything out that is.You can always add anything later by re-running the Multibeast selecting only the added feature wanted then rebuilding the caches in the option for that in the System Utilities section.

Thank you very much! I am close to a 100% working hackintosh!

I followed your directions exactly. I think most everything works. I still need to test 'Sleep Mode'. Graphics = ok; Ethernet = ok; Audio does NOT work. Perhaps there is a .pkg file I can download to get the audio working. I will check in the forums.

Big question: How do I know if I installed the DSDT.aml file correctly? I put it on the desktop, ran Multibeast and selected 'UserDSDT' like you said. I didn't see a place to upload the file, so I just continued with the install. I hope it worked.

You were a huge help! Thank you!

efwells101 said:
Thank you very much! I am close to a 100% working hackintosh!

I followed your directions exactly. I think most everything works. I still need to test 'Sleep Mode'. Graphics = ok; Ethernet = ok; Audio does NOT work. Perhaps there is a .pkg file I can download to get the audio working. I will check in the forums.

Big question: How do I know if I installed the DSDT.aml file correctly? I put it on the desktop, ran Multibeast and selected 'UserDSDT' like you said. I didn't see a place to upload the file, so I just continued with the install. I hope it worked.

You were a huge help! Thank you!

Your welcome if you did not get a kernel panic when you booted it was installed. You can check by looking into the /Extra directory that is where it should have been put along with the smbios.plist and com.apple.Boot.plist files. Never having used the UserDSDT (I copy manually most things most times) the instructions for using it are to place it on Desktop so it should never ask for it to load as it always is supposed to be there when using it. The ALC8xxHDA universal option should have got the sound for you I don't use the onboard so not totally certain on this but what I have read on it most if not all get it going with that now. One thing you may want to consider if you have an old sound blaster Audigy card laying around is using that and the kX audio driver you can get online. This works great and has for at least I think the last couple of years I have been using it, working out of the box with the driver 5.1 sound no hassle upgrades rock solid driver can't heap enough praise on it really..

The ALC8xxHDA kext alone won't do it, for the ALC889 you also need to install the AppleHDA Rollback and the DSDT for your mainboard and BIOS version from the database here.

If you don't want to bother with DSDTs you could also try the "ALC889 Non-DSDT HDAEnabler" instead.

ArKay's advice did the trick! Thanks to both of you! So for anyone with my hardware setup, these are the directions on how I got my Hackintosh working for future reference:

1. Install hardware. Make sure your DVD drive is in SATA0, your HD in is SATA1 - DO NOT use the off-white SATA ports - and you have a maximum of 4gb of RAM installed initially. You can add the rest once the computer is up and running. Also, you'll need a mouse, keyboard, and also a legal copy of Snow Leopard.

2.Using another computer download the latest versions of the necessary files to a thumb drive. You will need Mac OSX 10.6.5 combo update, iBoot, Multibeast, the DSDT.aml for your motherboard - you can download this from the tonymacx86 DSDT database - and RealtekRTL81xx-0_0_67+.pkg, which you can find with a Google search. Burn the iBoot.iso to a CD.

3.With everything hooked up correctly, start the computer. Press 'Del' to enter the BIOS. Set your HDs to ACHI mode, the HPET to 64bit mode, and change your boot device to the optical drive 1st, HD 2nd. Save and Exit.

4.Restart the computer and put in the iBoot CD. Once it loads to the iBoot logo screen, eject iBoot and insert your Snow Leopard install DVD. Hit F5 after a moment and when the icon changes to the Mac OSX logo, hit enter to load into the install utility.

5.Once the install begins, we need to first partition the HD correctly. At the top menu bar, go to Utilities --> Disk Utility. Select the 'Parition' tab and your HD on the left. Set it for one partition, give it a name and make sure it is Mac OSX Extended (Journaled) and under options select 'GUID'. Hit 'Apply'. Once this is finished, complete the install.

6.When the install is completed after 20 min. or so, you'll get the Apple Welcome Screen. Set your computer up the way you want. Once it loads to the desktop, plug in your thumb drive and run the Mac OSX 10.6.5 combo update. When it finishes, DO NOT restart! Drag the DSDT.aml to your desktop and run Multibeast.

7. Multibeast gives you install options. Choose 'UserDSDT'. Under Drivers & Bootloaders --> Kexts --> Audio --> Realtek ALC8xx, select ALC8xxHDA and AppleHDA Rollback. Under Misc, select EvOreboot and fakesmc. Under Drivers & Bootloaders --> Bootloaders, select Chameleon 2.0 R5 - Prerelease. Under Customization --> Boot Options, choose Apple 64-bit. Under System Definitions, choose a Mac model name - this is personal preference. Same with the Themes section, choose the load screen you like.

8. Last but not least, install the RealtekRTL81xx-0_0_67+.pkg from your thumb drive to get the ethernet working.

9. Restart your computer. It should now load into Mac OSX by itself without the help of iBoot, although you should see your custom iBoot load screen. Feel free to change the boot order in the BIOS back to your HD whenever you want, and install the rest of your hardware if you have any. But the worst is over. You now have a working Hackintosh!!

efwells101 said:
ArKay's advice did the trick! Thanks to both of you! So for anyone with my hardware setup, these are the directions on how I got my Hackintosh working for future reference:

Your welcome good to see you got it fully working, nice summary there too BTW thanks for posting that. You may want to mark this as solved by editing the title to say so. Not entirely sure how to do on this board since I have never started a thread on it but most times it is in the thread options.

You're welcome! :) Good job on the summary, too!

Only differences during my installation were:

- I didn't remove any memory but added maxmem=3072 during boot for installation and as long as I was in 32bit mode (that's a very useful parameter for limiting the memory your kernel will see)
- My SATA DVD drive is on port 5 I believe, so I don't think that it actually matters. Booting from DVD is turned off in my BIOS, I hit F12 for the drive selection while booting to select the DVD whenever I need to
- I think the Mac Model does matter a great bit. Depending on your choice Mac OS will for example activate power saving for your CPU and graphics card.
- I didn't install EvOreboot. Shutdown and reboot worked out of the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back