Contribute
Register

1st Hackintosh - ML & Win8 - basic startup question please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello all...name is Steve, this is my first Hackintosh build but not first PC build....
Followed the July CustoMac suggestions rather closely:

Core i7-3770K
GA-Z77X-UD5H
Sandisk Extreme II SDSSDXP-120G SataIII
Corsair Vengeance LP 16Gig
Corsair HX750 PS
Corsair 500R case

My plan is dual boot Win8 and ML

Getting started I plan to build the machine and install Win8 first...I'm familiar with Windows and I'd like to
make sure that all this new hardware is functioning for a while before I attempt an ML install (also gives me more time to learn)....

my startup question is - is there anything in the Win8 install I should do as prep for the ML install later....

I'm using the "search" feature for the forum and I'm finding lots of suggestions....but I hope u don't mind me asking
....hardware arrives today.....I appreciate everyone's help......it should be a fun project...

Thank You

Hello all...name is Steve, this is my first Hackintosh build but not first PC build....
Followed the July CustoMac suggestions rather closely:

Core i7-3770K
GA-Z77X-UD5H
Sandisk Extreme II SDSSDXP-120G SataIII
Corsair Vengeance LP 16Gig
Corsair HX750 PS
Corsair 500R case

My plan is dual boot Win8 and ML

Getting started I plan to build the machine and install Win8 first...I'm familiar with Windows and I'd like to
make sure that all this new hardware is functioning for a while before I attempt an ML install (also gives me more time to learn)....

my startup question is - is there anything in the Win8 install I should do as prep for the ML install later....

I'm using the "search" feature for the forum and I'm finding lots of suggestions....but I hope u don't mind me asking
....hardware arrives today.....I appreciate everyone's help......it should be a fun project...

Thank You

Are you planning to install each to its own HDD/SSD? If so, you should be fine installing Windows first. If not, I recommend you create your partition structure using OS X Disk Utility, then install Windows (see dual-boot guide in Multibooting Forum). Otherwise, you'll be re-installing Windows when it comes time to install OS X later...

Thanks for the quick reply....I'm using seperate ssd/HD's and hardware just now arrived UPS.

Only thing I'm looking to get started with on Win8 install is make sure bios is most recent (non beta)

run bios in legacy to eliminate dual boot problems.....

anything else that I should consider....

appreciate your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back