Contribute
Register

16 Core - Dual Xeon E5-2687W, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA Quadro 4000, Geekbench 31496

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wrong thread... sorry

Hey man,

I've built almost the same setup as you, but I'm using a Quadro 5000 instead. I've been having the black screen to when booting form the USB drive. Did you change anything in the bios ? Besides PCIRootUID=0 did you used any other string ?

Thanks,

A.

Hi, jaylongee
I would like to send you this message in private but I have not enough post yet.

I'm a young professional in video and cinema industry and I'm lokking to build a Dual Xeon hackintosh really close from yours. I've read the 42 pages of comments in your threads. And you did an amazing work with this , I'm now full ready to buy all the pieces to build this monster. I'm working for a company that ask me to build 3 of these beasts for this summer and I'm really excited about it. I had few experiences with hackintosh, but never with a bigger CPU than a core i7.
The things is that my boss ask me about the real difference of performance between is own MacPro and the new machine that I'm ready to build. Of course if we compare geekbench results there is no comparison, with a 28,000 score, your machine is two times more powerful than his own with 13,800. But I was looking for real comparison like h264 compression time and I found only some Adobe After Effect comparison. We are working with final cut pro 7/X and Compressor. I know that Adobe is a bit further than apple in managing computer performance. Proof is the mercury engine who is using the grapchic power to help the CPU encoding and decoding, that's why I was asking myself about real difference in compression performance/time, I don't know if Compressor will use all the threads, memory, graphic capacity, etc...

So I prepared a 80Mb file wich inlude a 30sec AVCHD rush, a final cut XML sequence with some effects and one Compressor preset, to make everyone I know using a dual Xeon Hackintosh try this compression test. I know it's a bit intrusive but do you think you could try to make this compression with your computer. I tried with my hackintosh : core i5 2.6Ghz, 4Gb Ram and GTX260 and the compression took 45min.
It will help me so much and I'm sure people gonna love this kind of real environment test comparison. You cannot find many on internet or I'm a bad google user :)

Tell me if you have time/motivation to do that, I post this message also in salcazar and paradigm threads, they made really cool Dual Xeon build too.

Thank you very much and continue with your great job :D

Nicolas

PS : Sorry for my english, I'm french living in Qc, Canada right now ^^

Link : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49103591/COMPRESSOR_TEST.zip

Instruction :
1. Unpack COMPRESSOR_TEST.zip
1. Open Final Cut pro X
2. Click on File/Import/XML...
3. Select "Test Compression 2.fcpxml" in COMPRESSOR_TEST folder
4. Then link media file by clicking File/Link Event Media.../locate and then select "2013-04-26 16_55_14 (id).mov" in COMPRESSOR_TEST folder. Close the window by clinking Link Media.
5. Finally export the video by clicking File/Send to Compressor.
6. In compressor window drag and drop "Caspevi HD 720p 2,5 mp4 .settings" in COMPRESSOR_TEST folder onto the media and launch the export.

Hi, salcazar
I would like to send you this message in private but I have not enough post yet....
As stated in the tonymacx86 Rules & Policies:
Members may not solicit nor provide assistance via private communications. This forum was created to provide help by posting questions and getting answers. By not publicly discussing you are depriving others of solutions to problems they may encounter.

Sans titre.jpg aoleon rollback from (((MultiBeast 4.3.1.pkg ))):headbang:

Any Updates/Info on results? Curious

Hey I am having the same black screen Problem with my Quadro 4000 an the Mountain Lion and Mavericks install
I have tried the PCIRootUID=0 flag but nothing changed.

I have had no problem installing 10.7...

any solutions?

Hey I am having the same black screen Problem with my Quadro 4000 an the Mountain Lion and Mavericks install
I have tried the PCIRootUID=0 flag but nothing changed.

I have had no problem installing 10.7...

any solutions?

have you tried graphicsenabler=no?

thanks for your reply

turns out the boot flags where either incorrect or i continuously entered the wrong combinations.

I checked the boot plist from my working Lion install and copied the definitions in the file to the new file, and now I can install!

So now I have a different problem:

I reached the installer and was able to install mavericks successfully. The rebooted and ran multibeast with the easybeast option because that worked with Lion and there is no DSDT available for the X9DAi motherboard.
After that boot hangs at "Kernel Extensions in backtrace" and something with "IOACPIfamily"
I can boot into safe mode with -x

is there a fix for that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back