Contribute
Register

100% Compatible, easy setup Bluetooth Module?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Rampage IV Extreme s2011
CPU
Intel 3930k s2011
Graphics
EVGA GTX 670 2gb
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Don't care if costs a bit more, I just want a zero hassle, 100% compatible Bluetooth module for my hackintosh. Can be internal or external. native support would be nice, or super easy driver install with full sleep/wake, no hassles, etc.

What should I buy? Not terribly worried about the price.

Does it fully support sleep and wake from sleep, etc.? No problems with multiple devices (trackpad, keyboard, mouse)?

dsc106 said:
Does it fully support sleep and wake from sleep, etc.? No problems with multiple devices (trackpad, keyboard, mouse)?

Magic Mouse starts to lag after 15 min.Wake from sleep does not work.
I would stay away from Targus.

So is there not an easy answer here, no "top pick" bluetooth adapter?

DeskIDE said:
dsc106 said:

That does not happen at all with my Targus adapter. It is perfect.

dsc106 said:
So is there not an easy answer here, no "top pick" bluetooth adapter?
Best bet is looking on ebay, there are a couple of guys that make usb bluetooth out of original apple bluetooth chips that work good. I found one and have not had any issues.

Albertsw said:
DeskIDE said:
dsc106 said:

That does not happen at all with my Targus adapter. It is perfect.

Let me just check that - are you saying that the Targus BT adapter you have works out of the box with Sleep and Wake fully working and no issues with Magic Mouse?

I built my own Bluetooth solution following the guide on this forum and an Apple A1114 BT module. Up till now that has been far and away the best solution I have found.

I was not aware of an OOB solution being available but of course things change so this is of huge interest not only to me but I am sure to lots of others.

[/quote]Let me just check that - are you saying that the Targus BT adapter you have works out of the box with Sleep and Wake fully working and no issues with Magic Mouse?

I built my own Bluetooth solution following the guide on this forum and an Apple A1114 BT module. Up till now that has been far and away the best solution I have found.

I was not aware of an OOB solution being available but of course things change so this is of huge interest not only to me but I am sure to lots of others.[/quote]

Yes it works OOB with my computer. My magic trackpad works great and I can wake my computer from sleep with it.

cinebonh842 said:
Yes it works OOB with my computer. My magic trackpad works great and I can wake my computer from sleep with it.

Fantastic! I am going to be building 2 or 3 new Hacks for family over the summer so this will be a great solution to use!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back