1. iBook
  2. Performa
  3. Power Mac
  4. PowerBook
  5. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello all,

I am in desperate need of some help here. I have just installed 10.9.2, but after running multi beast and restart with -v, everything goes fine until the screen blinks to white, then grey and hangs. I don't know what I have done wrong, have tried a lot of boot flags, nothing seems to help. Please point me in some kind of direction as I am completely lost with this.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Mac OS 10.9.2 via unibeast
Asus P9x79 Pro (funning latest firmware)
Intel 3930K i7 (not overclocked)
XFX HD-6870-CNFC 2GB Radeon

Hello all,

I am in desperate need of some help here. I have just installed 10.9.2, but after running multi beast and restart with -v, everything goes fine until the screen blinks to white, then grey and hangs. I don't know what I have done wrong, have tried a lot of boot flags, nothing seems to help. Please point me in some kind of direction as I am completely lost with this.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Mac OS 10.9.2 via unibeast
Asus P9x79 Pro (funning latest firmware)
Intel 3930K i7 (not overclocked)
XFX HD-6870-CNFC 2GB Radeon
Will it boot up in safe mode -x and use GraphicsEnabler=No

Hi carpentryplus,

Unfortunately, no. I tried -x, then -x GraphicsEnabler=No and both stalled at the Apple logo. I'm going to try removing the USB 3 kext as others have said it has caused problems in the past, but I am running out of ideas. Done 2 fresh installs today so far, still cannot get past the grey screen.

10.9.2 and XFX HD-6870-CNFC 2GB grey screen post install (solved)

Well, I figured it out. It had something to do with my SMBios file. I changed the system definition to MacPro 5,1 and made up a new serial number, as well as adding back some of my old boot flags into my boot.plist. Thanks for the help everyone.

Well, I figured it out. It had something to do with my SMBios file. I changed the system definition to MacPro 5,1 and made up a new serial number, as well as adding back some of my old boot flags into my boot.plist. Thanks for the help everyone.
Well I don't know what you changed it to but I wouldn't recommend Mac Pro 4,1 or 5,1 for anyone not using a Xeon CPU and anytime you think it's the smbios just use the boot flag smbios=Null to use the default unibeast smbios

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back