10.8 + Sandy Bridge + SSDT + SpeedStep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z77X-UD5H
CPU
Graphics
GTX 670
It looks like the previous SSDT solution for speed stepping & power management problems when using sandy bridge and 10.7.4 are no longer working with 10.8

In my experience Z77X-UD5H with 2700K was working great in 10.7.4 with a 4.8 GHZ overclock & speed steping while using edited SSDT from MacMan's instructions and vanilla AICPM kext.

Once I upgraded to Mountain Lion the machine started to freeze aka give silent kernel panic. If I remove the overclock, it works fine, turbo states and speed step on stock frequencies.

I tried patching AICPU kext (as required by ASUS UEFI users) and various smbios profiles, this did not fix the issue.

But if I use NullCPU and turn off EIST in BIOS it works great, switching between 16 and 48 multiplier, this is a function of C1 option being eneabled in BIOS.

I tried patching AICPU kext (as required by ASUS UEFI users) and various smbios profiles, this did not fix the issue.

It looks like Mountain Lion AICPM has changed in such a way that it no longer works edited SSDT files that enable "very high multipliers" and EIST.

Please share your experience if you have 10.8 with a gigabyte mobo, overclocked sandy bridge cpu and working EIST.

have the same problems! would like to run my i5-2500k @ 4,2GHz, but i got the reboots!

is there no fix for that?! iam to lame for fixing this on my own :/

greetz, benni

Why use SSDT tables not known as made?
Use native SSDT of the motherboard BIOS. I overclock my 2700K to 4,9GHz and with original ssdt i have full stable system in 10.7.4 and 10.8 - no lags, freezes and unexpected reboots.

Why use SSDT tables not known as made?
Use native SSDT of the motherboard BIOS. I overclock my 2700K to 4,9GHz and with original ssdt i have full stable system in 10.7.4 and 10.8 - no lags, freezes and unexpected reboots.

can you share the process with us ?

I would like to use your recommendation and create an original ssdt that is for my bios and overclocks to 4.8GHZ with turbo boost and speedstep.

Boot to Win7, run AIDA64, save all SSDT tables and DSDT, change extensions from .bin to .aml, disassemble and edit DSDT, assemble it back to aml and copy all aml files to flash disk with Clover.

"copy all aml files to flash disk with Clover."

What is this and why are you doing it? Are you suggesting to create a DSDT and SSDT from a dump in windows and use it with a boot loader?

Having Problems booting with clover. My board does not need dsdt to boot with chimera.
What should i edit in dsdt extracted with aida 64 ?

"copy all aml files to flash disk with Clover."

What is this and why are you doing it? Are you suggesting to create a DSDT and SSDT from a dump in windows and use it with a boot loader?

Clover - real EFI boot loader.

Having Problems booting with clover. My board does not need dsdt to boot with chimera.
What should i edit in dsdt extracted with aida 64 ?

BIOS 1502, i attached original and editted DSDT.

Attachments

• DSDT-original-1502.zip
    31.7 KB · Views: 134
  • DSDT-patched-1502.zip
    33.5 KB · Views: 170
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back