Graphics
Evga 670
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
After trying everything I could think of and look up I hope that someone on here can help me out.

Basic Hardware:
Gigabyte z68x-ud3h-b3 Motherboard - Bios Version F5e
EVGA 570
8gigs of DDR3 ram

When I first install Mountain Lion I have no issues. Everything works great, including Ethernet and graphics (I have no need for on-board audio since I eventually use an Mbox 3 just as long as everything works fine). However once I use Multibeast and or install Chimera I just end up getting stuck at the Apple logo with no spinning below it. When booting with "UseKernelCache=No" it eventually leaves the Apple logo and goes to a black screen.

I also tried disabling VT-D and Virtualization Technology to no success.

The attached image is what it gets stuck at when using -v

I am not 100% sure what the issue might be since I have had no issues with 10.7 using the same hardware.

Any help on this would be amazing.

Attachments

• IMG_3120.jpg
    IMG_3120.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 513
Hey,

did you find a resolution for the problem?

Because i have exactly the same issue.

modibo

Try to see if it boots into safe mode. Do this by using the -x flag when booting. If this works, restart and boot again using the -f flag. If it works, great. If not, you may need to run Multibeast again and check the box under customization that says generate C states. If that works, awesome. If not, go into your BIOS and see if "Generate C States" is enabled. If it is hanging on the appleIntelCPUmanagment, it means it can't find something it's looking for. Most likely the C or P states.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back