Contribute
Register

10.8.3 Problems, Stuck at Apple Splash (Spinning)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Bukaka,

I think I remember seeing a different thread for systems partitioned w/ Windows and Mac... if I come across it again I'll let u know.

Good Luck:)

Hello All,

This is my first post here.

I am dealing with the same issue as the original poster. My issues at this point are:

1.hanging up at the grey apple + spinning indicator at start up. Only able to start up in "-x" safe mode.
2. Not really clear what multibeast settings to use for my set up?
3. I'm using a brand new asus PA248Q monitor and it is only displaying full screen?

I'm trying to sort through the various suggestion in the thread.

I have downloaded multibeast and replaced the chimera with the latest version chimera 2.0.1 as suggested here in this thread.

I wanted to make sure my signature was appearing correctly with my build specs as well.
Hopefully I'll get it sorted out.

my build:

GA z77x UP5th
I7 3770K
intel 330 240 GB SSD X2 - the second ssd is for windows after I get osx ml running properly
32GB ripjaws running presently at 1333

any pointers to where I can find the right information to navigate through this would be appreciated.

Best regards

Hey BravoGolf,

If you installed Chimera 2.0.1 to your USB and 10.8.3 is loaded on your HD, try making sure your Bios are setup right and that you installed the right multibeast settings. Your setup is VERY similar to mine btw, and the boards setup is identical as far as I can tell... and you're using the same processor so that's really all that should matter. If you already installed a graphics card I'd recommend these bios settings, if you're using onboard graphics use these Bios settings. Also make sure your bios are Ver F14 and that you hit F7 in your bios screen to optimize your board for default settings. Then go in and make those changes in Bios... one thing I noticed was that I had to disable Internal Graphics/IGFX and enable PEG. Also, make sure you use GraphicsEnabler=No at boot, or you can load in safe mode and in multibeast use these settings (also, make sure you go to customization and select GraphicsEnabler=No or else you'll have to type it each time):
27977d1352210395-mb-z77x-up5-th.png.html

Hopefully that does it for you... this computer is running hella fast... starts up in under 5 secs, restarts in around 30-45 secs.:headbang:

*Edit: I just noticed you also have the same GFX card as me (GT640) so I would follow these bios

Last edited by a moderator:
cahedger,

Thanks for the help. I am working two jobs (to pay for all this..LOL):lol: So I'm just getting home now and going to go through that and give it a try. I fell asleep last night and didn't get any further.

New problem after running multibeast last night:

no internet connection. BTW: I use eithernet cable not wireless....for now

but my screen was bigger, just not filling my whole monitor.

I believe my BIOS is F11. You think I should update it to f14? I'll have to get the internet working again.

My graphics card is a evga 66O TI...but I'm waiting to get this other stuff ironed out before installing it.

This is all entirely new to me.

BG

Hey BravoGolf,

I work one job and still find it hard to get free time, haha... so I feel ya:) I would def recommend you update to F14 since 10.8.3 just came out you'll want the most up to date bios/driver/bootloaders (Chimera 2.0.1)to make sure they're compatible. If you wanna use onboard graphics for now thats fine, that's how I got my system working the first time, and then went back and installed all my extra peripherals with the exception of my wifi card cuz it just always worked immediately when I boot up. If you wanna use ethernet tho, I think there's a setting for it in your Bios, and you may even have to install a driver from multibeast in safe mode... the weird resolution is probably a result of being in safe mode, once I installed my gt640 it was WAY cleaner looking. The only thing I had to do for my gfx was restart, go to bios, change igfx to peg, keep at 64 bit, enable internal gfx, and do GraphicsEnabler=No at boot... or go to safe mode, multibeast, customization, and install the GraphicsEnabler=No Kext. Hope this helps, keep me posted and I'll check back in when I can.

Good luck

BTW... here's a video that helped me out a bit, it also regards dual boot (As I said I'd let everybody know if I found a resource)... BravoGolf, you may even find this useful as he has the same gear but I think minus Thunderbolt but he has the GT670.

i solved the problem in bios disabling the internal card and ready.

and for audio i re installing the drives without dsdt

sorry for my english

FIXED IT!!! One second while I s*** myself out of excitement *&^(*&#$%(*#@$%)... Anyways, I just wanna thank all the support *Insert a touch of sarcasm* but the fix *Insert Drum Roll* was updating chameleon Chimera by dloading and installing to your bootable USB (As the copy in multibeast is a lil outdated)... so now that I'm finally out of safe mode it's on to the next one.

*Note to self, shutdown restarts computer... any help?*

Hi cahedger,

I'm almost having the same issue with you, my specs

GA-Z77M-D3H
i7-3770

I've tried to download the latest Chimera 2.0.1 and install into the bootable SSD (instead of USB), but it doesn't make any difference, still stuck at the grey apple with an wheel there....

So, would you please provide any more hints? Thank you.

I'm having a similar issue with the spinning apple and only able to boot in safe mode. Were you able to run multibeast while in safe mode, and once you loaded the necessary drivers and settings, were you able to boot from the HDD?

Additionally, my hangup is with some sort of IOBluetooth when I -v flag boot. Not sure if that was where you got hung up...

Any info as to your next steps would be helpful!

PLUS one for this solution totally made it for me,
with gigabyte geforce 640 the trick was to install 10.8.3 booting from stick safe mode on a super basic installation with internal graphics.
Multibeast into the right drivers hack,
install the geforce640, adjust bios, restart with GraphicsEnabler=No and multibeast again to set the boot option permanent!
super fast machine startup time 12 seconds!
Thank you all excellent website and users!:thumbup:

FIXED!!!

I found the solution for the GA-Z77X-UP5 mobo with GTX 660! Add the following flags to the boot without -x. Then once you are in without using safeboot then run multibeast and select the same flags in the boot options dropdown.

Flags: "GraphicsEnabler=No NPCI=0x3000 PCIRootUID=0"

Seems to work perfectly now. Only thing not working is my built-in wifi card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back