Contribute
Register

10.8.3: AMD Radeon HD 7xxx Graphics Testing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, all of my hackintosh parts should be here tomorrow.

Most importantly:
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
2 Sapphire 7970 Vapor-X in Crossfire

Is there anyone out there with a similar build that has gotten this to work and can give me some pointers?

Crossfire/SLI is not compatible in OS X as far as I'm aware, other than that just follow the standard installation notes for the 7xxx cards. And look for your DSDT in the database and use userDSDT

Crossfire/SLI is not compatible in OS X as far as I'm aware, other than that just follow the standard installation notes for the 7xxx cards. And look for your DSDT in the database and use userDSDT

If I'm not mistaken I thought the gigabyte boards don't need DSDT

Yeah this board shouldn't need a DSDT. One of the reasons I shelled out the extra pennies for it, so I'd have a problem free installation.

About crossfire---can I still have both cards plugged into my mobo, or do I need to unplug one every time I boot into OSX?

guys saphire HD7770 on asus maximus v gene shows white screen and cursor with graphicsEnabler=no if i put igpu as primary i can't plug my monitor on the hdmi from mobo...how can i solve without using hdmi?

I'm trying to get a 7870 to work and the only secondary card that I have is an old PCI card (9200SE), but it gives a black screen unless I use GraphicsEnabler=No.
I've tried the fbrotate script, but my display still remains black.
I was, however, able to boot in using the sleep trick but it is quite a hassle.
Would appreciate any help and pointers on how to boot correctly without using the sleep trick.
Thanks in advance.

@tubbies
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe GE=no means that your bootloader is not injecting graphics card info so the OSX is reading it by itself. There is no for sure guaranteed way to make it work without the sleeptrick. If FB rotate doesn't work then you may just have to live with the sleep trick. Somehow mine doesn't need the sleep trick if I enable IGFX and set it as primary in my bios although this is not what was recommended for gigabyte boards (which I have) that is what worked for me.

this really just sucks. maybe I'll just try to trade my two 7970s for some gtx 680s

Radeon 7970M (Foxconn) in Clevo P370EM (NP 9370) working with full QE/CI. 1300 score on Luxmark default setting.

I used Clover graphics injector and the Buri framebuffer. Out of the box it works with HDMI external screen.

In order for the internal LCD display to work you have to patch the 3rd connector in the Buri framebuffer with:

Code:

After that I used the rotation trick to eliminate the white screen upon boot.

What is not working:

Internal LCD display exhibits some color banding as in it's running in 16 bit color mode. I had this issue with an nvidia 680M as well which I could not fix.
HDMI Audio (Capre Verde/Pitcairn) is not working and to the best of my knowledge is not supported.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back