Contribute
Register

10.8.3: AMD Radeon HD 7xxx Graphics Testing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, last night was a nightmare. Now I finally got sleep and video working with my 7770, and just needed to get audio working. I deleted the voodoo kexts that werent working and repaired the permissions and rebuilt the caches, and then i got hangs at boot. I tried all the flags, and nothing worked. I ran MyFix from the installation USB, and that got me to boot further, but it would hang at Checking catalog file. The HDD LED would stay lit during this time. I let it run for a half an hour until I realized it must be hung up and I reboot. Finally I found I could get into single user mode. I tried some commands there, like fsck -fy, which got through all the checks and said the volume was fine. Finally, I tried deleting the only foreign kext: Marvell88E8056.kext, then deleted System/Library/Cache/*. I hit exit, and it booted into OSX, but obviously with no Internet now. It makes no sense. This kext was what gave me Internet before, and now it won't allow me to boot. I tried reinstalling it with Kext Wizard, same hangs at boot. Tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it with Kext Helper, same thing. Now I don't know how to get Internet on my Hackintosh anymore! Anybody have any clue as to what's going on?

What is the ATIController7000.kext? I know that it tells the computer framebuffers and other things however I looked in my Library->Extension folder and nothing is there.

Where is this file located at? Want to make sure I have one and see if that is the reason why I cannot do dual monitors...

Thanks.

Hi guys,
attempting to boot with 7950. I get to the point with the white screen where the computer needs to go to sleep. The problem is my motherboard (Gigabyte X79-UD3) has issues with sleep. Any ideas on how to get past this point without putting to sleep?

Thanks

Read back in this topic. Look for the rotation trick.

What is the ATIController7000.kext? I know that it tells the computer framebuffers and other things however I looked in my Library->Extension folder and nothing is there.

Where is this file located at? Want to make sure I have one and see if that is the reason why I cannot do dual monitors...

Thanks.
The kext is in system/library/extensions

The kext is in system/library/extensions

I do not have one located in that Folder. Is that....a bad thing and any suggestions on how to fix this?

I do not have one located in that Folder. Is that....a bad thing and any suggestions on how to fix this?
Are you on mountain lion 10.8.3?
because in 10.8.2 there is no support for ATI 7xxx Cards.
If I go to this folder I have a ATI7000Controller.kext

Are you on mountain lion 10.8.3?
because in 10.8.2 there is no support for ATI 7xxx Cards.
If I go to this folder I have a ATI7000Controller.kext

Interesting.

I am using ML 10.8.3 with Gigabyte z77 UD3h board Radeon 7870 Tahiti. No ATI7000Controller in ~/Library/extensions. Actually, no amd/ati anything.

Success without whitescreen issue (two cables):

just thought I'd post how I managed to get my system running with full qe/ci after a bit of fiddeling (one day actually)

System:
AsRock z77 pro4-m
XFX Raedon HD 7870
core i5 3570k
without dsdt
patched bios, sleep/wake working

- clean ML install (with or without card plugged in, did not matter)
- boot into unibeast again, went to terminal, removed all nvidia and intel gpu kexts from S/L/E
(AppleIntelHD* AppleIntelSNB* GeForce* NVDA*)
- multibeast with cimera 2.1
- set igpu to integrated (multimonitor does NOT need to be turned of)

to get arround not seeing what I am doing during boot, I simply plugged in an old analog cable into the igpu and the dvi-cable to the dedicated.
system boots with "GraphicsEnabler=No" and you will see only the desktop, no Dock no nothing (because the system behaves as if there was a second monitor). simply press the "switch source" button of your monitor and there you go.

(obviously also works without the analogue cable, but during trial and error, I found it quite more handy to see potential boot errors)

The only thing not working is my temperature sensores, despite having installed the FakeSMC plugins.. tools like istat pro just freez my build when they try to access temperature. if anyone knows a solution to that, please pm me :)

regards
jeruk

Interesting.

I am using ML 10.8.3 with Gigabyte z77 UD3h board Radeon 7870 Tahiti. No ATI7000Controller in ~/Library/extensions. Actually, no amd/ati anything.
Bildschirmfoto 2013-04-28 um 01.10.03.png
you got into system folder and then library/extensions.
when you go into normal library/extensions you will obviously find no ati kext.

I've got my 7950 working correctly (finally). I am trying to run 3 monitors, however any time I plug in the third one it is either black, or tv static (white noise). My monitors are connected via DVI, HDMI and Mini-DisplayPort to DVI. I'm using FBRotate to get the monitors to work (otherwise it is a white screen and I need to sleep and then wake up - which doesn't work with my motherboard). This 3 monitor configuration works on my Windows boot. I'd like to give you some diagnostic information but I'm not sure where to look for this sort of thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back