Contribute
Register

10.8.2 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the tip Going Bald, but there are a lot of suggestions on p9 of the 10.8.2 comments. Perhaps you can clarify your hint:

If you are referring to the OWMsmbios.kext issue, I didn't install any FakeSMC plugins, so I don't have that file, or I can't find it - is it hidden?

If you are referring to the VT-d BIOS issue - I disabled that so that shouldn't do it.

Any other ideas?

Thanks again!
goodski

[SOLVED] - Thanks for all the tips! I finally figured out what was wrong with my hack. To everyone who gets frustrated over setbacks, just keep trying and eventually you will figure it out, or someone here will help you! The ACPIPlatform.kext rollback worked only once, and then I would get stuck in the apple logo loop. I thought that -v verbose reporting was getting stuck at the same place as everyone but it was actually at a FIPS POST message, then after a long wait, it would not find the media. It turns out this is a problem with certain SSD's, namely OCZ's Octane.

Once I tried the 10.8.2 clean install on a hard drive, everything worked EXACTLY as this thread has outlined - once the ACPIPlatform.kext was replaced and vt-d turned off in BIOS, I got my hack back. Back to the store for a SanDisk SSD (which works great)!

This forum rocks! Keep asking questions and keep sharing what works!

Hi all !

I have the same problem like any persons on this forum.

I do what everybody say to do //

Install "AppleACPIPlatform.kext" with "Kextbeast" and repair permissions.
But i return to the error screen at the apple screen again !

DSC_0497.jpg

I trying to delete the OemSMBIOS.kext from the Plugins directory of the FakeSMC.kext and rebuild caches, but suprise the OemSMBIOS.kext doesn't exist for me !

I don't know what can i do now to work fine.

Anybody can help me and us ? (I'm not alone in this case)

It's my hackintosh to work, i'm graphic & web designer. I'm blocked to work fine with my client. :banghead:
That's will realy great if you can help me.

Thk all.

What motherboard are you running? What is your BIOS like?

That's my config //

- Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 To SATA 6Gb/s 64 Mo
- OCZ Vertex 4 128 Go SDD
- Intel Core i5-3570K (3.4 GHz)
- Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H
- G.Skill RipJaws X Series 16 Go (4x 4 Go) DDR3 1600 MHz CL9 DIMM 240 pins
- Gainward GeForce GTX 660Ti Phantom 2GB

BIOS version : F16

Nobody have an answer at my probleme ?

I can't work normaly, plz HELP !

Thx

Thank you so much for this! I didn't bother to see if our "verbose" text matched, I just took a chance and gave it a shot and it worked.

Thank you so much. I was looking for this fix for a week now. I am so relieved now. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back