HD 4600 /9800 GT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi ,
This is my first post to the forum so be nice if you find something not fitting well. :D
I am kind a new to Hakintosh but am a iOS developer.
I wanna make a rig for my gaming demands as well as a powerful hakintosh. By powerful I mean that the system should be capable of running XCode & iOS Simulator flawless and be future proof (a bit).:ugeek:
I had seen a AMD based Hakintosh (Athlon 4800+ in 10.6.8) but the problem there was when doing core graphics jobs in simulator it was kinnna bottle necked.

So Gurus can you guys help me choosing right hardware........
1. Should I go with 3 gen intel and
choose ASUS MAXIMUS V GENE + i5 3570K
or choose any GA-Z77X-UP5 TH + i5 3570K to have better compatibility.
2. Should I go with Haswell. If that please guide with mobo+processor.

I dont know much of DSDT but read some of links in this forum.
ASUS MAXIMUS V GENE I really like and saw some guys did that true ...can I go with that?
http://www.tonymacx86.com/golden-bu...-3770k-16gb-ram-gtx-670-ft03-os-x-10-8-a.html
http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...5870-working-ivy-bridge-power-management.html

--Any help will be very useful :thumbup:
--NicoX

The good news about the Gigabyte Ivy Bridge and Haswell motherboards is that they don't need a DSDT to run OS X. You can make one (see the DSDT forum section), but it's not necessary. The other companies' motherboards require modified BIOS and/or DSDTs. So, my recommendation is to go with one of the Gigabyte motherboards.

Thanks Stork for your very fast turn around :)
Thanks a mil for response. Actually I choose GA-Z77X-UP5 TH looking only your build :headbang:.
Today I went to down street pc shop....
Guess what I got confused about gen 3 vs gen 4 so I went for Haswell. Took i5 4670K (Haswell) I guess thats good.
But I got a ASROCK mobo Z87 Extreme4. I am building a Haswell rig but dont want to go with DSDT so......

Have two Qs
1. Is there a step by step guide for ASROCK Z87 Extreme4 + 4670K? :silent:
2. I love gigabyte as it is with me for last 3 year. Can you guys suggest and good board for extreme hakintosh?

Please respond I am waiting for you guidance and then next day I can swap with a gig board. :ugeek:
Just one thing if it very easy with ASROCK Z87 Extreme4 and rig will be stable hakintosh then please advice me a step by step guide :thumbup:

NicoX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back