Contribute
Register

10.7.4 Sandy Bridge CPU Power Management Fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated and added fix.. works like a charm, I can see multiplier going from 16 to 38 = 3762 MHz :clap:

still at x16.0 Fu ck

So I took a crack at it and edited my DSDT. Its not perfect, but I have finally scored myself some additional P-States.
Code:
12-05-17 2:51:14.000 PM kernel: MSRDumper PStatesReached: 16 34 35 36 37
Geekbench score is 9847 which is right around where I should be for a stock i5 2500.
I'll attach my DSDT if it's any help to anyone.

Attachments

• dsdt.aml
    38.3 KB · Views: 233
H8TR said:
So I took a crack at it and edited my DSDT. Its not perfect, but I have finally scored myself some additional P-States.
Code:
Geekbench score is 9847 which is right around where I should be for a stock i5 2500.

How do you get a list of PStatesReached from MSRDumper?

When I use MSRDumper I just get a list of individual states and message repeated 4x etc...

MSRDumper - 17
message repeated 2x

I have updated and used the standard i7 ssdt...

It works but I can only seem to get 16, 17, 35, 37 pstates listed from MSRDumper?

Does this seem normal? I'm using a iMac symbios as recommended for Sandybridge systems.

H8TR- I have the same board as you, just with the 2500k so your dsdt should be good for me right? Does it have edits for working sleep? Also, what does your plist look like as in, do you still have the pstates, cstates, dropssdt? And did you delete the ssdt from extra? Thanks

ovb1 said:
H8TR said:
Code:

How do you get a list of PStatesReached from MSRDumper?

When I use MSRDumper I just get a list of individual states and message repeated 4x etc...

MSRDumper - 17
message repeated 2x

I have updated and used the standard i7 ssdt...

It works but I can only seem to get 16, 17, 35, 37 pstates listed from MSRDumper?

Does this seem normal? I'm using a iMac symbios as recommended for Sandybridge systems.
MSRDumper in console always shows your current P-State and the next line should be your P-States reached since MSRDumper began running. Using the MacBookPro8,1 system identifier, I get the following
Code:
12-05-17 3:25:26.000 PM kernel: MSRDumper CoreMulti(16) 
12-05-17 3:25:26.000 PM kernel: MSRDumper PStatesReached: 16 21 26 31 34 35 36 37

Craigrox said:
So on my Asus P8P67-LE I'll be screwed too? Haven't tried the update as i'm using an i5-2400 and the update was intended for i5-2500 and higher..
Check your DSDT. If Scope _PR with the P-States is in your DSDT, it'll require you to edit you DSDT, thats all. Though since you have a i5 2400, you may not be affected at all.

haggle said:
H8TR- I have the same board as you, just with the 2500k so your dsdt should be good for me right? Does it have edits for working sleep? Also, what does your plist look like as in, do you still have the pstates, cstates, dropssdt? And did you delete the ssdt from extra? Thanks
It's already edited for sleep courtesy of kuhnboy. 2500 and 2500K are the same as long as your not OC'ing which you cant on this board anyway so the DSDT should work for you. Again, it requires the 0805 bios from samisnake.

I'm still stuck at x16.0.. :(

P-states flag is set to yes and there is no drop ssdt.
What am I doing wrong?

p8z68-v pro i7 2600

Help guys please.. Thanks! :)

haggle said:

It's already edited for sleep courtesy of kuhnboy. 2500 and 2500K are the same as long as your not OC'ing which you cant on this board anyway so the DSDT should work for you. Again, it requires the 0805 bios from samisnake.

Excellent that's the bios I'm using. I'll give this a try when I get home. Mind addressing the other questions I had about your plist and ssdt? Thanks!

This fix was tested on an ASUS P8P67 Pro with a modded BIOS and an i5-2500K without a DSDT.

To use a DSDT with the ASUS you will need to move the Processor code from the SSDT to the DSDT before using this fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back