Contribute
Register

10.7.2 + 889 audio woes! help on my birthday ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170MX-Gaming 5
CPU
i5
Graphics
RX570
Yes today really is my bday! Would be an awesome gift to get some help from someone... :D

I have a P7H55-M Pro audio with a Realtek ALC889 driver, so naturally I need the 889 injector, the AppleHDA, and the ALC8xxxHDA driver.

I have tried a million different combinations of drivers from MB 4.0.2 and MB 3.8.0, with Kext Utility to rebuild the cache and repair permissions, countless reboots, and still I get that greyed out volume icon in the Menu bar... quite irritating, as sound was working perfectly under 10.7.1.

After I ran the Combo update, and before restarting, I made sure to re-install the AppleHDA rollback, but that failed (others have reported this as well.) So I thought, eh, I rebooted without re-running it. Now I have cleared my S/L/E of all the HDA kexts and tried so many times to reinstall them, but nothing's working.

I feel like I'm missing something trivial, and it's kind of a pain to revert to my 10.7.1 clone that I made before updating.

What's up with these two entries:
Screen%20Shot%202011-10-17%20at%203.37.42%20PM.png

is this the source of conflict? Any pointers appreciated...

I just found this post a few minutes ago by accident, but I didn't bother to read it as it doesn't apply to me (I have ALC888b), so I don't really know if it will help.

Good luck.
Happy Birthday!

MB 4.0+ALC8xx+AppleHDA rollback+Non-DSDT 889 Enabler

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back